I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Nightmare on Elm Street aka Sketch Uses the Code

There are no words for today.

I'll throw some out anyway.

Met up with the Library Goddess for coffee at 7AM.

Actually I got there at like 6:55 and the doors were still locked so I leaned against the building for a while.

Then, (after they opened) thinking I could get away with it, I went immediately to the counter to get my coffee, I put in the order, I reached for my wallet and suddenly "Hey, put that away!"

The woman won't let me pay for coffee. So close yet so far, I thought I could beat her to it.

Instead I get a "hold this!" as she holds out a bag for me to grab. "what is it?" "your ipad." "my what?"

So apparently waking up to meet her before I'm completely conscious is worth it. I get coffee and an ipad.

And a list of stuff to do with said-ipad, but still, it's an ipad.

That's mine until May cause that's when the assistantship ends.

We met up super early this morning since I had to be at work by 8:30 but then our meeting really only took like half an hour so I ended up going to work at like 7:35 - pretty sure I freaked out Boss's Boss's Boss. I was all set up in youth services with the ipad, my laptop and then all my contact stuff I was updating when she walked in and paused when she saw me. We talked grad school for a while then she left. And was followed by multiple members of administration - I didn't realize they got there so early. No wonder they're all gone by 5.

Anyway, so I had to get there at 8:30 along with the BossLady and Slim Shady because we had a group of college kids who were there to volunteer. We basically cleaned the library top to bottom. Started with all the computers on the first and second floors, cleaned all the tables and chairs, dusted shelves, cleaned the books on CD area which is always gross, organized youth services, even washed each individual chair upstairs on the fourth floor. And there are like at least a hundred. They had them all sat out in a row and worked together to wash, dry, and stack. It was amusing but effective.

They were actually really great kids, I was impressed and super grateful for their help without any complaints. That part was my favorite, we got them started and that was their focus. And they asked to come back again next year so apparently I didn't scare them off completely.

So, after cleaning with them I attempted to finish all that TAB stuff I was attempting to do yesterday and yet again was interrupted by all sorts of flukes. Running out of printer paper with no backup in sight - because I've had no time to do supplies at all - and then my personal favorite was when a guy came to place an ILL request, from our side it said he was disavowed though he didn't have any fines and then on our ILL staff side in the basement it said his account was fine.

No idea what was going on, something to do with a second card but he said he'd never had another card then remember he had one once that was all worn out but by this time the Interlibrary Loan Goddess was already on the case and get it fixed. Felt bad for the dude cause I had no idea what was going on. But he seemed pretty cool and very patient, so again, grateful.

So, busy morning, flukish afternoon which led to an even more busy day cause those both happened at the same time and there were literally like 10 people in line and it was just the three of us. Awkward.

Oh well, we made it unscathed.

After work the boyfriend came up and we went to see "Possession" it intrigues me that Kyra Sedgwick would rather have her family torn apart by a demon than take down bad guys with LAPD's finest.


Just saying.

Scale of Awesome puts it at around 5/10. It was interesting....kinda cheesy, though the majority of it did scare the hell out of me so I was tempted to make the boyfriend check my apartment, though I don't think you can really see demons so it wouldn't do any good. Besides he had to head out cause he had to work tonight at 11.

And asking would just make me sound weak and pathetic.

Though I'm pretty sure he knew that already since I was like grabbing his arm every other minute during the loud and scary scenes.

So, big huge extravaganza of a day, hoping things will be much more boring tomorrow since I have to redo all my TAB stuff, plus stock supplies, plus cleanup all the cleaning supplies from today, plus finish up the assignments from the Library Goddess and then the last question left on my homework quiz.

Boring.

Yay.

Root for boring, please.

Moving on.

Yesterday you got Sketch Meets the Parents, today you get the sequel. Well, technically it's more like 5th in the series, but you catch my drift.

First was this: Sketch Gets Some Flowers
Next was this: Sketch and Edit Buy Some Plants
Yesterdays was this: Sketch Meets the Parents
Code reference comes from here: Sketch and Edit Cook a Turkey

there are others that you should read in a certain order but none of those are included today so I'll shutup.


A Nightmare on Elm Street aka Sketch Uses the Code
*Edit’s phone beeps*
Text message from Sketch: “as;dflkjasfdlparlay”
*Edit dials*
*Sketch’s phone rings at dinner table, Mother glares*
Edit – “Curses, King Henry has cut off my head!”
S – “I have to take this, excuse me.” *goes outside while Edit rambles*
E – “You need to come home because I am decapitated. And even though I can still talk it is, in fact, an emergency and I need you to come and drive me to the hospital. Now. You need to come now, there’s blood all over the couch and I’m hungry and I can’t eat without a head because I can’t see the food to eat it and I don’t have a mouth to put it in and then there will be no food because I have no head so then I will die, like actually die and…”
S – “We’re clear, I’m outside. Are you watching The Tudors again?”
E – “Yep. Bad?”
S – “You know Hitler?”
E – “Not on a first name basis, but yes, I’m familiar with him.”
S – “Imagine him with long brown hair staring at you while you’re trying to eat a salad.”
E – “Is this with or without the mustache?”
S – “You need to come get me.”
E – “You don’t think they’re going to see through that?”
S – “I know. I hate you.”
E – “You like this guy right?”
S – “I’m eating dinner with his mother, I think that’s a definite sign.”
E – “Well, it’s not like you had much choice in the matter, but you seem to like the guy and you glow when you come home and you’re all happy giddy Sketch all the time. He seems worth all this and you don’t want to throw that away because you can’t stand to be in the same room with his mother for more than an hour, do you?”
S – “No.”
E – “So just finish the salad-”
S – “But she’s staring at me!”
E – “Then stare back!”
S – “What if her jaw unhinges and she bites off my head?”
E – “Well, then we’re screwed cause I’m already decapitated.”
S – “Who will drive us to the hospital?”
E – “Plantman?”
S – “Maybe.”
E – “Oh, is he not on our side anymore?”
S – “Undetermined. But he can’t think it’s going well, right? I mean, when your mother grills your dates about their personal lives and finds a way to make every answer sound like they’re a hillbilly with no hope or future do you think it’s going well?”
E – “Don’t know, haven’t really had a relationship that’s lasted longer than a mento so there’s been no need for introductions.”
S – “That’s cause you’re a commitment-phobe.”
E – “Look who’s talking.”
S – “Hey, I’m here aren’t I?”
E – “Yes, but you don’t want to be. Just breathe, go back inside, finish the salad and say it’s a school night so you need to get back to work on lesson plans. Which it is, and you do. I’ll see you when you get home.”
S – “If I don’t jump out on the interstate first.”
E – “Don’t jump out on the interstate – drive a motorcycle and get someone to door you, it’s a much better way to go.”
S – “Alright. I’m going back in. Thanks.”
E – “Anytime. By the way, was that a ‘parlay’ at the end of that text?”
S – “I thought it was fitting.”
E – “I think we found our new codeword.”


The rest are here: Sketch and Edit Collection


Songs of the day: 

Telephone - Glee

ran into this one at lunch

She's So Cold - Rolling Stones

i'm wondering how much drug usage was involved in the production of this video.


No comments:

Post a Comment