I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sketch and Edit Go to the Spa

I can't decide if it's funny or sad that someone googling specific HeeHaw lyrics led them to my blog.

I'm gonna go with the former cause the latter will just depress me.

So, remember how yesterday was totally awesome with the softball tournament and even though I broke open my leg in the same spot yet again it was totally worth it?

Yeah, woke up this morning and yes the leg was nasty, but apparently I forgot to factor in the pain that would come from landing flat on my back when I did the spin in mid-air, (read yesterdays entry). I don't remember it hurting so much at the time, but forcing myself to get up this morning after sleeping on it led to me looking at my back in the mirror and noticing the bruises on my shoulder blades.

So, needless to say, today was not fun and I could barely move.

With really bad timing.

We were closed both Sunday and Monday which meant we had a massive backlog of stuff to be checked in this morning. Usually I can fly through at least four carts in an hour, this morning I barely got through one because it was constantly grab a book on your right, scan it, turn to put it on a different cart cause it was headed somewhere else, turn back, grab another book, rather rinse repeat. However, every time I turned my body instead of the chair I literally cringed in pain.

And I was limping.

So I was seriously no ninja of awesome today. There was no awesomeness and there was definitely no ninja-ness whatsoever.

I would and should have called in sick, but I couldn't because of literally the only thing that went right today - aka my first official TAB meeting.

TAB standing for Teen Advisory Board and I gotta say, I love this group of teens, they were fantastic. Super enthused about the ideas that I brought forward and brought in a bunch of their own, we combined everything into a seriously killer lineup for September-May.

They're just good kids, you know? Not like big partiers and all that, and they actually want to be there.

And one of them even put my chair away for me because at that point I was practically useless. I didn't even ask she just did it.

I did have to call the guard and ask for his help taking down tables though. It's not the walking them to the wall that hurt, it was the bending over them to hold in the levers then pushing the ends together thing that hurt.

Oh well, it's done and over and now I'm home jamming with my big fat cat.

Aaannd, since the envelope I sent Sketch like two weeks ago finally arrived I get to share this.

And a couple more throughout the week.

Yes, it's been a while, do I have to re-explain the concept?

Basically, Sketch used to draw me pictures all the time then stopped claiming she wouldn't draw me anything until I wrote her something. That weekend I was at a craftshow with my sister thinking of ideas and came up with the character names Sketch and Edit since that's basically who we are. After that it just snowballed. If you want to read the previous ones go here

Alright, on to the sketch, then the music and I'm out.


Sketch and Edit Go to the Spa
S – “Would you relax? Stop fidgeting.”
E – “I can’t. I don’t like it when people touch my feet.”
S – “No one is touching your feet.”
E – “Yeah, but they’re about to. I can feel it.”
S – “You know, this is supposed to be relaxing. Spa from the Latin ‘spring’ meaning life, growth or flow.”
E – “You’re making that up.”
S – “Whatever, my point is relaxation. I brought you here to relax. Right now you’re the opposite of relaxed. Stop stressing!”
E – “These places make me uncomfortable. Everyone is all granola.”
S – “Granola?”
E – “You know all touchy-feely, live green, save the whales.”
S – “They flow.”
E – “I don’t want their flow. I want my own flow.”
S – “Whatever, flow is flow.”
E – “How very Viola of you.”
S – “Did you just ‘She’s the Man’ me?”
E – “You started it.”
Spa lady – “Ladies, can I get you anything? Some cucumber water perhaps?”
S – “No, we’re fine. Thank you.” *she leaves*
E – “What’s cucumber water?”
S – “Dunno, sounds gross.”
E – “Can’t we just go to a movie or something?”
S – “No.”
E – “Laser tag?”
S – “No.”
E – “Paintball?”
S – “In the winter?”
E – “What’s this really about?”
S – “Cats.”
E – “Cats?”
S – “Cats.”
E – “What about cats?”
S – “I don’t like cats.”
E – “Okay?”
S – “I’m a dog person.”
E – “So?”
S – “So, if you keep up the life you’re living you’re going to turn into the stereotype.”
E – “What stereotype?”
S – “The old maid. The librarian with the thick glasses. The crazy cat lady. I hate cats. They bite and they eat and they sleep and they steal your spot and they lay there…”
E – “Okay.”
S – “We live together.”
E – “Okay.”
S – “We live together and you’re gonna be the crazy cat lady and since we live together I’m gonna be the roommate to the crazy cat lady which is worse than being the crazy cat lady herself.”
E – “How is that worse?”
S – “Because, the roommate has the option of leaving the crazy cat lady and her crazy cats in her crazy cat house but she doesn’t. She stays voluntarily making people believe she’s also a crazy cat lady when in fact she isn’t.”
E – “You’re rambling.”
S – “I don’t like cats!”
E – “Then we’ll get a dog.”
S – “Then we’ll…okay.”
E – “Okay?”
S – “Okay. Bring on the cucumber water!”



Songs You Know But Forgot You Knew Them

"Except for Monday" Lorrie Morgan

classic. yes i'm aware i should probably post this on sunday or monday but because of the holiday all of my days are messed up....and it's stuck in my head.


"Your Woman" - White Town
seriously, seriously cool video.


No comments:

Post a Comment