I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, September 21, 2012

Amber Atkins, that is not American Teen Princess language!

Today was a day.

For serious.

I think I sat down once between 3 and closing.

First there was a girl who wanted Bieber books. Then she wanted photocopies of the covers of the Bieber books. But of course no one knows how to use our copy machines cause if you don't have the right placement of stuff it says there's no matching paper size.

Then I had about 2 damaged books and 2 cases missing CD's to process, which wouldn't have been so bad if I wasn't trying to finish a Fresh Start Waiver and being bombarded by 5 other patrons all at the same time.

Meanwhile, leaving poor Queen of the Universe by herself to cover the entire second floor. Where I was supposed to be 40 minutes prior to that moment, but was still at the desk because our tech genius Info-Man was helping out with some e-book stuff, and The Old New Guy was trying to put together a program while working at the desk, and there really was just the four of us at the desk because the other supervisors were either checking in holds, helping with that e-book question.

Anyway, it was a bit hectic. But we managed to pull through unscathed.

After that I headed over to see Squirt in her Homecoming dress.

Quote of the day:
"That rat bastard, if I didn't hate him before, I hate him now!"
we'll keep that one anonymous, though i totally lost it upon hearing it.

Then I headed home and watched Drop Dead Gorgeous. Cause the library finally got it on dvd. Oh my god, even funnier than I remember. Though I think the last time I watched it was like 10 years ago so now I get more of the references.

Amy Adams making her film debut, aw I miss Brittany Murphy. She was great.

Here's some of my favorites.

Most Smartest
Best damn tapper.

or you could just go with this one.



The problem with watching movies like this is that immediately following I can't stop talking with a Minnesotan accent. Same thing happened with "New In Town", shutup Sketch. Maybe it's from listening to all my teachers growing up. They all went to the same college in MN to get their degrees and went home with accents they used to make fun of.

Alright, gotta crash cause I gotta be up and leaving at 6:30 tomorrow morning. Ugh. Stopping for coffee on the way there.

I need to work more on that website design, it's due next week and I'm super far behind cause I went to the wedding instead of class last Saturday.

Not that I'm regretting, that it was probably the most fun I've had in a very long time.

I just need to get on this so I don't put it off until last minute and then get stuck with a bunch of tech questions. More on that tomorrow after class.



I'll leave you with this reference.


For those of you who get it, enough said.


For those of you who don't, go here: Sherlock: A Study in Pink IMDB



No comments:

Post a Comment