I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, September 20, 2012

i've seen trouble all my days.

So,

What makes someone a great teacher?

How about the fact that you can email them at like 10:30 PM with a major technology homework issue and they'll talk you through things step by step all the way until you figure it out at 11:30 PM.

And they don't make fun of you.

And they don't talk down to you.

Did I mention that the Library Goddess's staff is fantastic?

Almost as fantastic as she is herself?

But as she is pure awesomeness, so it's really not fair trying to compare people to her.

So, let's move on.

Today. Woke up early-ish, stopped for coffee, got to open the home branch with Space Cadet, there was much banter it was highly amusing. After that it was some public service work, then an early lunch and a trip down the street to man - or woman - the library desk at an ethnic festival. I was basically there for like an hour before we started tearing down but I got some cool pens.

Flashbacks to home and garden shows back home as "the Teacher and the Failed Librarian".

Home and Garden Show conversations
They're happening across the nation
You'll be amazed at the valuable information
Here's our own translation.

Long story, go here: You Can't Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd

Anyway, so was there for an hour, came back to the work branch and collaborated with our Local Linguist - she works in a room dedicated to all things Nebraska authors - Cather, Aldrich, Eiseley, Kava, Kooser, etc.

I think I've rambled to you about the scavenger hunt. If not here's the short version, my kids don't know that this room exists so I'm coming up with a scavenger hunt and hiding clues in specific books that they'll need to solve to get to the next book and trying to use as many library resources as possible so they're using the catalog to find fiction and nonfiction, use the microfilm readers to print off a specific article, find information through a database from the website, find something in the music library and then we'll end up in Nebraska central.

Some of the questions are amusing, like "what time is shown on the clock in this portrait" and in order to find it they'll have to talk to the Local Linguist. She's in and is excited. I'm excited, which is why I'm planning it now even though it's not until January because I know I'll just put it off and then end up dreading it cause it'll be crammed.

And if I'm not excited then the teens won't be excited which will make the whole thing lame. So it'll be good.

After that I headed home to do some homework which of course wasn't working. It's all web design stuff and my computer didn't like the software so I have to use different stuff than the other people are using which is where I got lost, but now we're good.

But I'm exhausted and stressed about it so I'm going to crash for the night and work some more on it tomorrow.

Thankfully it's not due until next week, however class is on Saturday so I should work on it enough that I'll be able to understand what they're talking about.

It's amusing, I know I'm like complete tech genius, but I am a tech person and whenever there are computer issues Big Brother seems to search me out, then calls me "college" and tells me to fix it.

So I know semi-what I'm doing.

But with this class I feel completely in over my head.

Which is why I'm grateful for awesome teachers like the ones I have. They're great.

Alright, that's all I got for the night. Let me find some catchy tunes, pass them on, and then bail for the night.

hmmm....turning it on shuffle.

nope that one is suck-ish.

nope, that one is more suck-ish.


Man of Constant Sorrow - Tonic Sol Fa

love these guys, saw them live at choralfest senior year.

aka select choir mashup with other national select choirs.

we are the krt - knights of the round table

i was a high soprano with Beej and KT

here's another from shuffle, cause i like this video better than the actual one.

They - Jem

big surprise there.

4 years later and it's still rockin'.


alright, crashing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment