I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sketch and Edit Cook a Turkey

Sketch and Edit Cook a Turkey
E – “Aw, poor G. This will only hurt for a minute!”
S – “G?”
E – “Short for ‘Gobbler.’”
S – “He’s already dead, you know that right?”
E – “Hey, I would want someone to commentate my afterlife. It would be boring to just lay there not knowing what’s going on.”
S – “You would want to hear about someone cooking you very slowly?”
E – “Okay, no. I think I just became a vegetarian. Karma’s totally gonna come back and bite me in the ass for this.” *silence* “We need a code word.”
S – “For what?”
E – “I don’t know, it just seems like something we should have. Like a panic word.”
S – “We already have ‘the code.’”
E – “‘The code’ consists of hitting a bunch of nonsensical characters on a phone keyboard in a text message sent so the receiver knows to call so the sender can get away from their stalker exes or possible future exes.”
S – “So what’s the difference?”
E – “You can’t use that code in person. It would look like you’re having a seizure… ‘alkwekcselsfi6634lkanskjdf7’ …. ‘Huh? Should I call the medic?’ … ‘No I was trying to tell you there’s a psychokiller standing behind you.’”
S – “Why couldn’t you just say ‘there’s a psychokiller standing behind you’?”
E – “Because that would alert the psychokiller that we know they’re a psychokiller and that we were on to them which would make us viable targets for them to stab!” *motions with knife*
S – “Would you put down the dagger please, before you hurt one of us.”
E – “Sorry, I was deep in it.”
S – “So… code word…”
E – “Code word.”
S – “For psychokillers…”
E – “And crazy exes who might potentially become psychokillers…”
S – “You do know how many people are on that list now, right?”
E – “Just because I have more exes than I do years in my life doesn’t make me a bad person!”
S – “Yeah, just keep telling yourself that.”
E – “What about ‘bananas’?”
S – “No, because you’re constantly using the phrase ‘driving me bananas’ and I would just get confused.”
E – “Right. ‘Pineapple’?”
S – “What’s with the fruit? Shouldn’t a code word be inconspicuous?”
E – “Pineapple is inconspicuous.”
S – “Not if you’re standing somewhere in the middle of winter surrounded by people. Yelling that would just draw attention.”
E – “Okay, so not fruit.”
S – “Pookie.”
E – “No, that would just make me want to smack you… or let the psychokiller get you.”
S – “Awww, mean. You’d think a future-librarian could think of a better code word reference.”
E – “Kilgore Trout?”
S – “I’ll get back to you on that.”


happy thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment