I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, November 12, 2010

When Eddie said he didn't like his teddy you knew he was a no good kid...

Today was ridiculous. My alarm didn't go off on my cellphone because there's something wrong with my cellphone. It's probably a virus since I keep getting calls from these weird numbers and after I answered the first one (and no one was there) my texting stopped working until I took out my battery and put it back in. Needless to say I've stopped answering numbers I don't recognize. But I don't know what that has to do with the alarm.
Anyway, I was late and after calling both bosses and getting a hold of no one I got dressed, ran to my car and sped to work. When I got there they started cheering. Like cheering cheering as in clapping and victory dancing (or Chris and my version of victory dancing aka raising the roof). I mean, I know I'm crazy, but I didn't think that the people I worked with were crazy. Apparently, the last time a coworker didn't show up they were dead. Literally. That's lovely. And they tried calling me but of course my cellphone is messed up so they couldn't get through. My boss told me she had visions of me laying bleeding on the side of the road. I'm scared to ask what happened to that last guy... but it's nice to know they care enough to dance since I'm not dead. Yay! I love fun coworkers.
But, since I had the afternoon off I was able to stay a half an hour later so I made up for the time lost. Then sped to my college to pick up my writing portfolio - missed the prof I was aiming to meet with but caught up with some other cool ones. Forgot to tell them I got into grad school, should probably email that since one of them wrote me a recommendation letter...woops. Will do that tonight.
Anyway, after that and running into an old classmate who's back in Nebraska I headed to my hometown and the Verizon office there to try to explain what's up with my phone. The lady there had no idea either but her boss had just dealt with someone who had the same problem. Of course her boss wasn't there so she called the IT people and did some sort of technical stuff while I ran to yet another town to get my hair dyed leaving my mom there with my phone.
To make a long story short - too late - my hair is now red and blonde and awesome. Then I went home, ate supper with parentals, went to brother's house to talk about cars (apparently mine is old and I need a new one) then drove back to my apartment in the snow. Hooray! I love snow!
My original aim when I went home was to clean out my closets and get winter clothes but by the time I got there I just ate and left. Dinner was interesting though. According to dad I was a good kid (opposed to the other three who apparently fought a lot) but then mom came back with "That's because she didn't have anyone to fight with! She would have if she did!" Thanks Mom. That's love.
Anyway, working tomorrow - my first workday in the snow. I wonder how bad it is in the mornings. I guess I'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment