I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, November 25, 2010

"Spontaneous Combustion is pretty awesome, unless it happens to you."

Okay, today was just fun, not surprisingly. I love my family. But today was just funny fun. We went to my sister's for Thanksgiving and had amazing food. Then we played Apples to Apples for four hours. Not kidding. We played until we ran out of red cards. It was ridiculous. But hilarious. The title is one of the many one-liners that came from it. It fits right in with the others - "I always win soft" (my sister) "Bull fights? Really?" (sister-in-law) "Nothing more casual than having a baby" (brother-in-law) "Charming is the part you play in our friendship" (my sister to my sister-in-law trying to win her way with a create your own card. She laughed so hard she cried. Then my brother was like, "you might be the first one to lose with a create your own card!")
Plus the card combinations were funny. My mother, MY MOTHER! threw me "angry hornets" when I laid down "elitist" then there was "calm" which I picked "creamed corn" cause I mean, what's more calm than that? Unless of course it's "in a coma" which won the "relaxing" card. We're awful. But it's just funny stuff. And then there's the fact that my mom kept calling it "apples to oranges" and learned that that was not, in fact, it's name when my aunt texted her back and asked, "Is that anything like apples to apples?"
Long story short, it was fun and we were crazy. Who plays apples to apples for four hours? Seriously? Are we mental? No, we were just having fun. And even mom lasted about 3 hours before she gave in. The final tally ended with my brother and sister tying with 24, my niece getting 18, and then myself, my brother-in-law and my sister-in-law pulling in 17.

After that it was driving home and talking more about the car I still haven't picked out. Actually, I have it picked out already but they want me to keep looking. It's not like it was the first car I looked at or something. I know what kind of stuff I'm looking for. But whatever. I'm going with it. As long as it happens before Christmas I'm fine with it.

Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving.

"The word is explosive. Choices are: hot lava, nice. atomic bombs, wow. electricity, yeah....bubble gum? what?!" (sister-in-law)

No comments:

Post a Comment