I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, November 29, 2010

Cause of accident: Lack of adhesive ducks.

Today was interesting, to say the least. Work was crazy busy and my friend and I yet again haven't made it to Noodlewhatsits. We planned to go like weeks ago but keep getting distracted - it's this new sandwich and soup place downtown, really close to the library. (That's not it's real name - I can never remember the real name so I substitute it with funnier sounding things that involve noodle in the title, even though noodle isn't in the actual title.) Anyway, every time we plan to go someone shows up at the library or we forget or family calls. Today was yet another instance.
So I came home and took a shower instead, totally almost wiping out in the process and all I could think about was the Big Bang Theory episode where Sheldon has to take Penny to the hospital because she fell in the shower and he blames it on the lack of adhesive ducks.

Penny: I slipped in the shower, and I think I dislocated my shoulder.
Sheldon: Not surprising. You have no safety mat or adhesive stickers to allow for purchase on a surface with a low coefficient of static friction.
Penny: What?
Sheldon: Tubs are slippery.
Penny: I know. I slipped.
Sheldon: I have a series of whimsical duck stickers on the bottom of my tub.
Penny: Yeah, okay, whatever. Will you just turn the water off and help me up?
Sheldon: They’re holding umbrellas.
Penny: What?
Sheldon: The ducks in my tub.
Penny: Uh-huh.
Sheldon: They’re whimsical because ducks have neither the need for, nor the ability to use umbrellas.

Here's the scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5fn9LKsIGk
Here's the episode cliffnotes for Penny and Sheldon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZMAqdE7kBI
Cut and paste into browser heading. I'm thorough like that.

But this week has been going well, aside from the registration crap I still can't figure out. I feel like an idiot because I've been back and forth with these IT people and they're great but I still have no idea what I'm doing. I know how to search for the class but it won't let me add it to my schedule or whatever. And I need a student ID but they didn't give me one. I'm so lost. So I'm calling tomorrow and will hopefully get through and they can talk me through it.

Now I feel like pulling out Big Bang Theory. Why not? I don't have to be to work tomorrow until 11 anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment