I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, November 5, 2010

*Insert Clever Title Here*

I never know how to start these things off so I guess I'll just tell you a little about myself and go from there. I'm 22, work at two libraries and just got accepted into grad school for a Master's in Library Science.

Here are some random facts you probably don't care to know but I'm going to tell you anyway:
- I hail from a small town population 3000, but moved to the big city to work in the library system.
- I can play trombone, guitar and piano - none of them well.
- I have a big fat garfield-like cat named Carter - he likes to eat, sleep and bite people. I secretly wonder what he does when I'm away at work.
- I have dyed my hair the following colors: red, blonde, purple, orange, blue, black and back to the original brown that we forgot it was.
- I have a weakness for cereal and chocolate.
- I don't have kids, mostly because if I did I would name them "Batgirl" or "The Chad."
- All three of my siblings are at least ten years older than me.
- I went to a dorm high school and college. I graduated with a BA in English and minor in Sociology.
- I can't cook and I burn grilled cheese.
- I got attacked by a dresser once in my sleep and had to be rescued by my roommate who slept through the whole thing - that's more of a long story.
- I lived with my grandma for a while after she was diagnosed with Alzheimers. We had a lot of fun going for walks and watching Law and Order.
- I have a laptop named Kate, another named Ziva, a car named Maggie, and an annoying navigational system named Thomas. (As in Cindy Thomas not as in Tom-Tom)
- I like cheese but I don't like cheese - there's a whole speech attached to that one. I'll give it to you later.
- My real passion is writing. You will probably soon be overloaded with Sketch and Edit's.
- I'm a media freak and own far too many DVDs.
- I'm STILL completely obsessed with Women's Murder Club the television series that aired on ABC for one season back in 2007.
- I can quote every line in the first two Mummy movies, but not the third cause it's terrible - have you heard Maria Bello's British accent?!
- If you quote something from Friends I can tell you what episode and season it came from.
- I have notebooks filled with quotes from all through college and now come home from work every day with my pockets full of quotes written on paper slips. They're accumulating in a basket.
- I'm in two bands "Delayed...Reaction" which was formed at a children's camp I direct and "The Teacher and The Part-Time Librarian" (formerly known as "The Teacher and The Failed Librarian") that formed for the musical I help direct every year at my old grade school. Neither is a serious band but I play guitar in both. D...R's biggest hit is "His Name Was Gade" which is up on Youtube and Part-Time's is "Snippets of Conversation" which was a smash hit during last year's play.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment