I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, December 1, 2011

You said that you would treat me right, but you was just a waste of my crayons.

Long day today. But I got to sleep in so I guess that's okay. 11-4 at work library and 5-8 at the home library, plus a break to pay rent, do laundry and dishes means I'm exhausted.

Little freaked about some work stuff. I'm missing the good 'ole subdirt days, but I'll handle it. No, it'll be good. I'll make it fun. I do this kind of stuff every summer anyway. See, look excited again. Yay!

But that's all I can say. for now. I'm sure you'll get more of my nervous ramblings later.

Okay, stuff I will say. There's a lot of good L songs. And it's funny listening to them because I can pinpoint times in my life at which they were on repeat.

So, you're gonna get the progression.

L-Recs

Grade School Favorite:
Let Me Blow Ya Mind - Eve feat. Gwen Stefani (2001)


used to jam to this one back in grade school. it was my favorite all throughout 8th grade, 7th and 8th grade were the big years in which i branched away from country music that i thought was the world at the time. yeah, not so much anymore. although i do enjoy the classics. and a few new artists.

High School Highlight:
Leave (Get Out) - JoJo (2004)


Jess and I rewrote this one in high school. We used to take a lot of PT trips, aka I would drive people to physical therapy and she would ride with me, and we'd drive around town, specifically Iowa Avenue, and somehow always end up in the same place - like always by this triangle house - when whoever it was called and said to come pick them up. Anyway, this song came on the radio once and we came up with our own lyrics, then taped it back at the dorms. I'd upload the video but she'd probably kill me. or Shel would. it includes an interesting tirade about her socks. The joy of living in the dorms.
Anyway, in our version the boy cheats on her with their kindergarten teacher. Hence the title of this post.

College Rockout:
Leave the Pieces - The Wreckers (2006)


My college roommate and I used to jam to this song on repeat freshman year of college. It's in my top 5. Actually, it's pretty much part of the three-way tie that is my favorite. Cause, how can you choose just one song to be your favorite? Anyway, it's that one plus "Give Me One Reason" by Tracy Chapman and "Are You That Somebody" by Aaliyah. go here: My Life in Closed Captions: These are a few of my favorite things - Day One: M...

Grad School Jam:
Last Friday Night - Katy Perry (2011)


Just because I think it's funny. and love the video. Darren and Kevin from Glee, Hanson - who by the way have their own brand of beer now called "MmmHop", Kenny G a bit random, plus Rebecca Black, Corey Feldman and Debbie Gibson. It's fantastic, and I love it.

And a flashback just for fun:
Lovefool - The Cardigans (1996)


classic.

Alright, I'm out. Long day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment