I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, December 23, 2011

I just want you, Oh darling, I just want you.

Happy Christmas Eve-Eve!

Worked until 4, did more supply rounds, filled out my first request to purchase form, woohoo! Then went over my TAB stuff with my YS mentor, she's great so she walks me through all the steps and answers all my stupid questions.

After work I picked up Grams and we met up with the rest of the family at the hotel for our pitch tournament. I partnered up with my favorite sister-in-law and we actually did pretty decent. We dominated the Bash Brothers in the first round, though they went on to win the tournament but we ended at the middle table. I think we won the most games, or maybe the second most.

It's just all about timing. You have to win at the head table during the last round, so you could completely suck the first few rounds then win three in a row and you'll jump from loser's table to middle table to winner of the high table. Lull people into a false sense of security then smack then down like the hand of god. But Teina and I do none of that lull stuff. She bid 7 our first hand and we made 9.

But we rocked it. About time too, the last time we were partners was Thanksgiving for pinochle and we got owned. It was sad.

We were the classiest so we got pretzel M&M's. Bash Brothers were hot so they got hot tamales, red hots and a gift certificate to Chili's. Oldest Sister and Squirt were cold so they got light up snowpeople.

Second year in a row for Oldest Sister. Though last year she was partnered with Dad.

Brother and Bubby won the Most Obnoxious award.

The surprise of the evening was when Second Sister and her husband ended at the winner's table when this was the first time he actually played pitch with us.

Quote of the night:
"Better books than booze" about our homeless population that visits the library.

So we rocked the night with our cranberry margaritas, ate our pizza, little smokies and peanut butter balls, and laughed a lot.

Cool Aunt rocks for setting this all up. Year Two was a success, looking forward to Year Three.

Okay, where were we?

Christmas Music that Doesn't Suck: Day Ten

"Wish List" Neon Trees

yes you know them from "Animal" but this song is fantastic.
it's their own christmas song! that they actually wrote! who writes new christmas music? ever? people just revamp old stuff, so I was excited about this one.

"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" Glee Cast Version

Mercedes and Santana rock it. and of course Rachel. Rachel's always fantastic. Even though she's really obnoxious and a lot of time I just want to smack her.

"White Christmas" The Drifters

if you're a Home Alone nut like me you'll recognize this one from the aftershave scene. I love those movies. Well, the good ones.
The first one rocks it's a total classic,
the second one's crap though I do love Tim Curry,
the third one's surprisingly fantastic Alex D Linz pulled it off,
the fourth is crap and that's all I have to say about that. You probably didn't know there WAS a fourth. Don't watch it. It's awful.

"Welcome Christmas" Glee Cast Version

yes there are two glee selections, but no She & Him, so there! I can't help it if their remakes are fantastic.
the whole Christmas album is pretty great, both of them now that the second one is out.
"How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (the classic version no offense jim carrey) is an essential part of Christmas. I watch the movie and read the book. Though I don't need the actual book present as I can recite it without looking.

That and Doris Day. I listen to a lot of her music as well.

But it still doesn't feel like Christmas without the snow. Just an extended weekend. Is this what it feels like every year for people who live in civilizations without snow? like Florida?

Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow, woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment