I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas time is here, Happiness and cheer

I gave my big fat cat one of his catnip presents early. He's chasing it around the apartment as we speak. Glad he can be entertained by some fabric. Totally exciting.

So, today, was crazy surreal. I was not at the desk all day. I know, right?! I worked on my YA Project and Supplies stuff for the most of the day, and actually made progress. My problem, at the moment, is that I went through the whole YA section and changed all the statuses so they say they're in the YA area, however, some of them still say they're on display while the other half don't. And none of them were on display, I pulled them from the stacks. So, I got the joy and pleasure of going back through them all again. Dylan helped for a while, she rocks. I started at A while she worked back from Z, all I have left tomorrow is Mac-Peters. Awesome. Plus supplies stuff, now that my awesome mentor in supplies has left.

Retirement party for him was today, there was a serious amount of food in the breakroom. It could probably feed a family of 4 for about a week. I am sad that he is leaving, he was always fun to work with. Entertaining and fun to talk to. Plus he always made sure to make sure I was okay with all the supplies stuff, showing me where to find everything and how to place orders for things. I'll be missing that next week when we mysteriously run out of an item and I go flailing up to 3rd floor in an attempt to find some.

After the joy that is work I met up with the Cool Aunt for sushi. She proves yet again why she's so cool by giving me the leftovers. So I'll be eating those probably around 2AM tonight. Yes, small children sleep more than I do, get over it.
We talked about Tokyo Red as a hair color, library stuff, and the awesomeness that will be the family Christmas party on Friday. I'm picking up Grams and bringing her and we're gonna play pitch, drink margaritas, give out gag gifts - I found that freaking dancing baby and I know who I'm giving it to! - and just jam out with the family. I'm stoked.

Alright, as exhausting as today was I'm sure tomorrow will be double that. Lots of people coming in to get stuff before the weekend. We're closed 24-26, I'm stoked for that many days off in a row! Plus the 1-2 of January, and I'm not scheduled on the 31st so add those to the list as well. Awesome! But, then our next break isn't until like February for President's Day so I'm taking these days and running with them.

and there will be much rejoicing.

Christmas Music that Doesn't Suck: Day Eight

"Blue Christmas" Elvis Presley and Martina McBride

oh yeah, it's the both of them. live. just, different performances melded so well together that it looks like they're physically in the same place and singing.
it's fantastic. a lot of people actually thought it was real, i would have too, but the fact that he died in 77 and she wasn't born until 66 made me think, hmm, someone really has a lot of time on their hands.
it's like when they paired her up with Dean Martin on Baby It's Cold Outside. That actually got released on itunes.

"The Christmas Song" She and Him

a chick came in today and called it the "chesnuts roasting on an open fire" song.
i love that it's THE Christmas Song, not just A Christmas Song. But I guess that's how people remember it.
i love their style, Zooey's voice is totally zen with this one. and yes i realize that pretty much every post so far has something from them, but that's just because their christmas album rocks, look into it!

"Christmas Time is Here" Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown has been one of my favorites ever since Junior year of high school when we did "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" for our drama production. I was Peppermint Patty, red hair included. I think that was probably the most fun I had in high school ever. Joking around backstage, doing the Macarena to the Kite Song, stealing Mak's gum and putting it in Stuart's Valentine card, that he opened on stage and had to keep a straight face. Came backstage after that scene and whispered, "who put gum in my valentine?!" That was awesome. We always threw in a bunch of random stuff during the Sunday performance. Lot of improv on those ones.

HA! I found them. Well, some of them anyway. Though a lot of them are on Facebook.

Oh god, just found more that aren't on Facebook. Makeup central, don't get your hopes up, I'm skipping those.

Though there are plenty in the Arsenic and Old Lace album since I was the minister's daughter and she wore nothing but dresses and silver high heels. I had to sit on the windowseat box for 8 pages re-applying my makeup. That was fun. Didn't know there was a dead guy in the box at the time.

I'll post those pictures later, stick with these for now.


this was right before Josh and I walked off, we had to make conversation on the way out and all I could think of at the time was "And how old was Beethoven when you killed him?"


Glee Club Rehearsal scene, my favorite in the whole play. "What's an enigma?" this is us trying to keep a straight face, as we lost it so many times in practice.


the baseball game, charlie brown strikes out.


the doctor is in. Katie rocked it as Lucy.


mark and me after a performance, can't believe that was all the way back in like '05
he gave Second Sister Linus' blanket as a peace offering, but that was only after she threatened his manhood on the dance floor at her wedding. but that's kind of a long story.

I got to hunt rabbits, jump rope, blow giant bubbles with my bubble gum, answer questions in a Dear Abby format, pledge allegiance with liver and onions for all - wrote that myself, playing air baseball and fake throwing it around the stage, dying our hair at Mak's house, buying velcro shoes for Linus, the fun goes on. Best play ever. Seriously.

See, this is why I loved high school and hated college. Maybe if I was more involved in college stuff that would have been different. In high school it was drama productions, One Act stuff, choir tours, basketball manager, yearbook, newspaper editor, in college I did nothing. Just homework.

That was enough really, with the mass amount of reading that comes with being an English Major and taking 4 lit classes at once, there's not a lot of time for anything else.

OUT!

although it's been said many times, many ways, merry christmas to you.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I missed you yesterday. I stopped by to with Peter H. well and to leave some of my world famous cranberry walnut brownies. It was great to old buddies but I was a little non-plussed to see 2 of them using canes.

    Your YA project sounds like I'm glad to be retired :-]

    You should add Straight With No Chaser's":Christmas Can Can" to your mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was probably working somewhere off-desk or in the YA area, that's where I've been spending the bulk of my time.
    Pretty sure I had a brownie with cranberries in it and it was fantastic.
    Oh my god, that song's fantastic, will have to post it.

    ReplyDelete