I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, December 22, 2011

I'll be home for Christmas, You can count on me.

A semi-normal day at the library.

Sort of.

What's becoming normal anyway.

I was at the desk for a couple hours but it was mostly off-desk projects that took up the majority of my time today. Did my first set of supply rounds today, super exciting.

More of the same tomorrow.

And actually finished going through the YA section, now all that's left is the display area. It's not much of a display, Girlscout says it feels like a waiting room. I'll fix it. Eventually.

It was weird though cause I kept delegating things to Friday.

Oh I'll do that Friday.

And I can wait for that until Friday.

Hey, can you look at that Friday?

Then Second Sister said "okay, tomorrow" and I went, ah crap. Friday's tomorrow.

Not that I didn't know it was Thursday, I did subliminally. It says that in big bold letters on the schedule I stared at on multiple occasions today.

Can't believe it's the Thursday before Christmas.

Does it feel like Christmas to any of you?

Cause it doesn't to me.

Maybe that's cause I'm working more than ever before.

I'm used to weeks off from school and snow on the ground.

Now I'm doing nothing but work and there is not a single flake of snow on the ground.

Now wait, I'll wake up tomorrow to a blizzard and you will all blame me.

I've now realized that I have to take Carter to the farmhouse for Christmas. He will love it, he loves the farmhouse, more specifically the basement.

Seriously weird cat.

Cause no one likes that basement, it's creepy.

I cleaned out the whole thing, painted the walls lime green and blue, made a lounge out of the thing and I still don't like the basement. Though it's still got the paintjob and my awesome Harry Potter and Scooby Doo stickers all over the wall.

But he likes it. There's this giant cabinet thing that my brother covered in radio station stickers - no idea why - that he sits on top of and crawls up into the ceiling. No idea where that leads. Or if I should be worried. Or why there's a hole there in the first place.

I think he also likes it because there are window wells that the outdoor cats sit in. Ha! you're out in the cold and I get to lounge in the heat. I will now stare you down. Yes, look away, look away jealous outdoor cats. Though not as pleasing as when he struts back and forth inside the glass doors while the outdoor cats stare at him in spite. I'm so cool and you're just cold.

He's a punk.

A big fat one.

But he's my punk so I love him.

So does his grandma on occasion.

But never grandpa.

Ironically that's the only person he doesn't bite.

Like I said, weird cat.

Christmas Music that Doesn't Suck: Day Nine

Yes you're getting a lot of them tonight, you can pick and choose.

"Baby It's Cold Outside" Tallulah Bankhead and Jack Carson


"i said i'd stay..."
I cannot pimp this song enough. It's fantastic, hilarious, and completely Tallulah. It just sums up her personality perfectly.

"Silver Bells" Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney

i was going to post She & Him's version of this, but this is just classic.

Besides, then it would have been redundant to post this:

"I'll Be Home For Christmas" She & Him

it's just so simple and clean. that's why i love their christmas album, they don't kill the classics, they just bring them back.

"Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" Toby Keith

Though Brenda Lee clearly sings it the best - her version is definitely in my top 5 Christmas songs of all time - I haven't posted a lot of Country-fied versions of songs yet. This one is actually not bad.


Aaannd! Here's a bonus one,
Sensei's Christmas Music that Doesn't Suck

"Christmas Can Can" Straight No Chaser

love the mashup, that's fantastic. thanks for the rec.
I keep watching it over and over just for the Jewish rant but mostly 2:17.

Big day tomorrow. Off at 4 to pick up Grams, then it's the pitch party, then gotta pack up my big fat cat and all the rest of my stuff to go jam at the farmhouse for a few days.

It's funny, work makes the day fly by so fast - who can say that and mean it, seriously I love my job - but I was hoping this week would go slower. I don't want Christmas to be over yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment