I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dashing through the melted snow, in some untied tennis shoes

YES! My shoes are untied!

And I'm AWARE of it!

You don't have to tell me this, I'm aware that they are untied because they've been untied ALL DAY!

Because everytime I tie them they just come loose again anyway! So I've just stopped tying them!

The number of people letting me know about this has become exponential. At first it was amusing, up to 8 people in one hour - but I work public service and am constantly walking all over the floor, stocking the displays and helping people find things - now it's like, I'm aware but I still say,
"ah man, should really work on that." Cause I'm tired of saying
"woops, i'll fix those."

Mom actually called me out on it at the home library a few weeks ago. She showed up and they weren't tied, she said she wasn't surprised cause they were never tied when I was little either. Some things never change. I trip over things whether my shoes are tied or not. So what's the point in tying them if they're just going to become untied 2 minutes later and I have re-ty them again? Plus, that whole double-knot thing? Too obnoxious to get untied when I actually need them to be untied.

Totally bummed, it was my last official day, well night, at the home library. I won't be scheduled there unless either someone calls in sick, or Superwoman decides they need an extra night person. Which was what I was doing before, but now people are hired and all that stuff has been sorted out. Sad day. Not sad that they have new people, that's good, but sad that I won't get to spend my Tuesday nights there, jamming out with Joe Studley. But I'll still visit. Especially once the QofA comes back, which should be some time in January. Plus I gotta stop in to see Space Cadet and talk about all her new technology, I'm so proud. But Glee-Loving Boss can continue to give me crap about flu shots, because I will now see him since I'm in Youth Services and all that jazz.

It's a whole different place there anyway, since Sensei is gone, and QofA is on leave. Plus I never see Space Cadet since we're never scheduled together and I only catch glimpses of Glee-Loving Boss. So it was basically just me and Joe Studley, though I did run into the Awesome Temp when she left and I got there. The new shelver is fantastic. She's also an Aide at the work library so it's cool to get to talk to her about home library stuff. I think she's got it all figured out, they're all caught up so I'm talking to her about projects and stuff I did when there was nothing to shelve.

Otherwise, I was totally productive today. Got all the way through the supply cabinet in the workroom, which sounds like it's a small thing, but it took over an hour and a half to just to sort through and list everything that was on 3 shelves. After that it was lab desk supplies and second floor desk as well. All that's left is all of first floor... basically the supply desk in the backroom, the public service desks, youth services, the basement, and then everywhere where this is a printer or copier or supplies for a printer or copier. But I have tomorrow and Thursday for that.

Aside from that I wrote out my Christmas letters, I just need to send them, then ordered my textbook for class in January and some cool t-shirts plus Second Sister's Christmas present - I'm actually excited about that one. Not that I'm not excited about my other presents, it's just this one has a whole story behind it. I'll post more about it after she's opened it.

Alright, on to the rec's of the night.

Christmas Music that Doesn't Suck: Day Seven

"Jingle Bells" Glee Cast version


love the changeup on this one.

or you could listen to this version:

"Jingle Bombs" Achmed the Dead Terrorist - Jeff Dunham

"and then my favorites SILENCE! night."
okay, in order to understand that you should probably watch this: Achmed the Dead Terrorist If you haven't already.
and if you like that there's a new one where you meet his son AJ Achmed and AJ I especially like when his feet get messed up and they make Guitar Guy come fix them.

"Walking in a Winter Wonderland" Dean Martin

he's a classic.

alright, out for the night. long day tomorrow. hard to believe it's already the 20th, christmas will soon be upon us. i'm actually glad we're not having our family christmas until the 1st, it's like christmas won't be over right away after the 25th. it's cool to have it extended.

OUT!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so what's it to anybody whether your shoes are tied or not. I mean, really! As long as you're not falling on your ass it shouldn't be a problem.

    Wow, South branch isn't the same any more. It's nice that Jim is back, but I miss seeing Sarah and I rarely see Vicki. Ran into Irwin, the crazy genealogy guy at Russ's the other day. Thought I'd never get rid of him.

    Might see you tomorrow, I want to say goodbye to Peter H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know, right?! and i haven't fallen because of them. i've tripped when they're tied but that doesn't count. wordie says he's watching out for me cause he fell down the stairs cause his were untied.
    hahaha, yes, you will never escape him. or his findagrave obsession. he still asked about you whenever i saw him.

    ReplyDelete