I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, December 25, 2011

and a totally insufficient dowry

Alright, the episode count is on.

Mom and I are watching Castle Season Three. How many episodes until she falls asleep in her chair?

So, apparently there's a gang war going on at the farmhouse.

Between the North and the South Cats.

Aka the ones that stay on the North Side of the house on the deck and the South Side ones that sleep in the window wells in the front.

The North Side ones are more vicious so Mom gave the leftovers to the South Side ones. "Here South Cats! Here South Cats!" Gotta give them something, Carter is probably staring them down at the moment - the window wells look straight into the basement where he's living it up.

He was good today, didn't chew on the Christmas trees at all. I was proud. Yeah, why do cats decide to chew on green things? They just throw them up later! I don't get it.

Alright, we're on the second episode and she's still doing sudoku's.

Oh, might have spoke too soon. No wait, she moved. Back to sodoku's.

It was an excellent Christmas. Opened some presents, went to church, ate some good food, played some pitch, watched some more Red Green, took a nap, ate some more good food, now Mom and I are watching Castle.

"And now it's back with a vengeance, course it brought along its friends high maintenance and shopaholic." I love Castle.

Alright, it's that time. Made it down to the last day which means it's time for the best Christmas song of all time.

Christmas Music that Doesn't Suck: Day Twelve

The Twelve Days of Christmas

and since it's the best song ever I'll give you my favorite versions.

Indian 12 Days of Christmas by boymongoose

and a totally insufficient dowry

Mashup version by Straight No Chaser

I blame this new found fascination on Sensei. Thanks for that by the way.

Rock version by Relient K

I jam to this often no matter the season

Redneck Christmas by Jeff Foxworthy

classic

and my personal favorite

Janice Dickinson's modeling version

choose this one, seriously it's fantastic. i love 1:03. that's my favorite.

Okay, but see, the problem with listening to this many versions is trying to remember the actual words.

Whenever I attempt to sing it it comes out a little like this.

12 Pack of Bud
11 Charges pending
10 Minute yoga
9 Years probation
8 Table Dancers
7-11 Workers
6 Cans of Spam
5 Flannel Shirts
4 Italian Suits
3 Former Husbands
2 Giant Breasts
and a totally insufficient dowry.

So now the question is...what is a partridge in a pear tree? And why would you want one?

Also how exactly do an ox and lamb keep time?

Aaannd she's out. Beginning of episode three.

Which means I should go too. Hope you had a good Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment