I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, December 2, 2011

You are the queen, but I'm, I'm just little.

Watching Leverage. It's fantastic. I knew I'd like it, I'd just put it off because I had too many shows going already.

So I got season one from the library. And of course it came in the same time as about 5 other movies and two other series. But isn't that how it works. You put popular things on hold over the past five months and they all show up at once.

It is really good. I'm impressed.

I'd give the pilot a 9/10 on the Scale of Awesome. I totally fell for it. Plus it had Artie in it. Which was fantastic as well. aka Saul Rubinek. Artie Nielsen from Warehouse 13.

The basic plotline is that they're a group of thieves with one honest man - played by Timothy Hutton - who's their leader. Originally all of the characters usually work by themselves, but they're all hired in the pilot to steal back this guy's airplane designs that were stolen from him. So the honest guy agrees to do it. The thieves are just in it for the money. After that they find out they work so well as a team that they group up and basically steal things back for people.

There's a lot of good stunts, major spy stuff - a lot mission impossible hanging upside down - and really funny comedy.

So you've got Timothy Hutton aka Nathan Ford, who's the honest man and leader. Timothy Hutton was in Secret Window, The General's Daughter, and plays Archie Goodwin in all those Nero Wolfe mysteries, but I like him because he played F. Scott Fitzgerald in the tv movie Zelda. Zelda as in Zelda Fitzgerald, not as in the animated character.
Aldis Hodge aka Azi on that voodoo ritual episode of Castle plays the tech genius Hardison. He brings in most of the comic relief.
Beth Riesgraf plays the stealthy and tomboy Parker - she's the one who scales the building and does all the hanging-from-a-rope-upside-down work. She guest starred in NCIS last year as Max Destruction in the episode where Gibbs shoots the crazy computer system that tries to hack the Pentagon.
Gina Bellman plays Sophie Devereaux, the pretty actress who lures all the men into falling for their traps. Gina's a New Zealander so her accent is actually accurate, which is new and exciting.
Christian Kane plays the tough one, who beats up multiple bad guys in seconds but hates guns. Christian was on Angel with David Boreanaz but I like him because he played the younger version of Hub on Secondhand Lions, you know the one who was good with swords and rescued the princess and all that. Love that movie.

Anyway, I'm only a couple episodes in but I'm digging it.

Unfortunately I'll need to crash soon. And fill out that plan of study form. If I can find it on the website. Which I keep forgetting to do.

Last class tomorrow. Which means I don't have to wake up at 6:30 on a Saturday for a while now, woohoo! Next semester has class on Sunday afternoons, huzzah!

Where am I at? Yesterday was L cause I remember Leave the Pieces so that makes today M. Check that, I know my alphabet. But I'm guessing that's something you want in a librarian. Shocker.

M-Recs. Okay, so far I've got

Mama Song - Keaton Simons

no it's not carrie underwood. this one came out first. If I could play guitar like that I would. all the time. nonstop. incredible. plus he's a goofball.


Meet in the Middle - Diamond Rio

another rewrite, this time it's family. i'm not sure who started it, although i'm pretty sure it was my brother in law. he does most of our rewrites aka turning "Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer" into "Then I saw her face, now I'm gonna leave her." yeah, try singing that was a straight face.

anyway, so the refrain that they sing goes like this:

I'd start walking your way,
You'd start walking mine.
We'd meet in the middle
'Neath that old georgia pine.
We'd gain a lot of ground
Cause we'd both give a little.
Ain't no road too long
When you meet in the middle.


but our version goes like this:

I start walking your way,
You sit on the couch.
We meet in the middle
Because I'm such a grouch.
We gain a lot of ground,
Cause we both eat a little.
You are the queen,
But I'm, I'm just little.


except when Second Sister sang it she sings

You start walking my way,
I sit on the couch.
We meet in the middle
Because you're such a grouch
We gain a lot of ground,
Cause we both eat a little.
I am the queen,
But you, you're just little.


and point at me. thanks for that btw.


Mi Vida Loca - Pam Tillis

anybody else remember this one?
random video, but i'll take it.
used to love this one as a kid.
welcome to my crazy life.

Minnie the Moocher - Cab Calloway

a karaoke classic. and we have a friend named heidie. so they always sing it to her, it's hysterical.
check out those moves, man. He's got the moves like jagger. (oh my goodness, my niece says that all the time. and she's two. it's ridiculously cute.)

Move - The Dreamettes (Dreamgirls)

love it cause you not only get Jennifer Hudson and Beyonce but also Anika Noni Rose who's a broadway great but also stars as the awkward secretary in the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (which stars Jill Scott another great musician)

Alright, find form, then back to Leverage, then sleep.

PS - what the heck happened in town today? i've heard nothing but sirens all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment