I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, December 26, 2011

Wake me up before you go-go

It was a day for reunions.

A few old friends came to the farmhouse today - my new years crew - and we played a lot of Dance Dance Revolution, watched some Hot In Cleveland, ate some good food, and laughed about old times. It was fun seeing them again.

But now I either really suck at DDR or I need new mats.

I'm gonna go with the second one.

Cause it wasn't a pretty sight.

And even though there was a lot of old things I also learned some new things today as well such as:
-You CAN play Simpson's Road Rage with a DDR mat, I just don't recommend it. It's a little hard to steer when you have to keep your foot on the X button while trying to go left and right with the arrows. See, these are the friends that have literally known me forever so they're used to my forgetfulness. Totally forgot the regular controllers which does't matter for DDR but it does make other games a heck of a lot easier.
-There are a serious amount of episodes on one disc of Hot In Cleveland. I thought there would be like 4 there's actually like 10. Which I should know because it's mine.
-There's a show called "Big Shrimping" on the History Channel cause my dad made me watch before I could leave. It's a lot like Swamp People but it's with shrimp instead of alligators. Not as cool. But I also watched an entire season of Red Green with him this weekend and enjoyed it so not all of his shows are bad.
-Also, NCIS LA isn't so bad. I didn't like it as much as the original so I stopped watching but Deeks is fantastic, I like him so I might start that up again. Just what I need, another show in my lineup. My DVR is full as it is now!
-Carter will jump a barricade to be in the room that I am in. Cause he loves me and he's cute. But he chews on trees and would go all Catzilla! on the snow village so he gets sectioned off when he's upstairs. So he jumped the table blocking the door. He's a mama's boy. And spoiled rotten, though he stayed at the farm cause I'm just going back next weekend.

It was an awesome vacation, a little sad it's over but Christmas is still not past for our family as we're not having ours until the 1st. Huzzah!

And now for some reunion music.

In honor of my Warped friends, yes these are the Denver Warped Tour friends mentioned in multiple posts but mostly here: My Life in Closed Captions: New Shoes, the Cheese Speech, Warped Tour and MXPX... I give you some Gogol Bordello. Cause this song never gets old. We saw them live at Warped and it was so different from every other act, they really are gypsy punks. I really need to upload the pictures. Will work on that over New Years.

"Start Wearing Purple" Gogol Bordello


and now for my other reunion, amusing when you're planning to meet for half an hour and end up talking for 3 hours. this may actually work.

"Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" Wham

nice short shorts.

OUT!

1 comment:

  1. This isn't apropos your blog today but I feel I must comment on the last ep of the Closer this season. A nice conclusion to the whole lawsuit thing and I was glad to see Goldman get his comeupance. Raydor had a big part which I kinda liked. Anyway I'm still worried about the whole informant thing. I don't have a clue who it could be. I guess Taylor is the obvious one to suspect but I think we're in for a surprise there.

    anyway, hope your Christmas was a good one.

    ReplyDelete