I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, December 10, 2011

You're really lovely underneath it all

Alright, which one of you nerds bought me a subscription to a cooking magazine?

Seriously?!

I didn't burn down the apartment!

If I had you would have read all about it.

Didn't you read about how careful I was about not burning down my apartment?!

I opened my mail and just started laughing.

I'm still laughing.

So thanks for that.

But still, man. Ouch.

The prank war is on.

And I'm 2 points behind.

Cause Glee-Loving Boss still gives me crap about flu shots, even moreso after he planted the "flu mist nasal spray" flyer in my mailbox. That was prank number one. I wear the flyer around in my nametag cause it's funny and I'm random like that.

But my nametag also says I'm 30 percent off at Target, so there.

And This Issue is Not For Checkout, comes aplenty as well.

What else are you supposed to do with all those stickers after you take them off the magazine barcodes? You put the new magazine on the display rack and have to take the sticker off the old one.

There's pretty much just a buildup of randomness in and on my nametag.

And I'm keeping this one.

I've had to tape it multiple times since it keeps falling apart.

But that happens when you're an Aide. It gets caught in everything. Our Supply Queen sent me a pack in bulk just cause I kept asking for them. I'm keeping this one.

It also has my star - since GLB stuck one on my forehead one day mid-shift (no warning) and said I was the star. I put that on my nametag, along with the giant Mickey Mouse sticker he gave me saying I could get another if I went to get a shot.

Not happening.

At least the Mickey Mouse is sort of fitting as now I'm sort of Youth Services.

Partly.

But I'm sad cause I don't want this one to fall apart like my last one did. And that had my gold star on it from Space Cadet from the "She says I should get a sticker. Or a gold star. Or a pizza." conversation when she said I deserved it for having over 100 percent in Superwoman's point system.

So I wrote that to Superwoman who replied, "Oh good grief, she would say pizza." Then told me my prize was a snowflake sticker "compliments" of her, aka the ones on the desk we give out to kids that she didn't even know existed until she showed up that morning and said, "wow, cool snowflake stickers!" Compliments, HA!

That also went on my nametag.

But it's hanging on my door so it's cool.

Oh the sacrifices of being an Aide. Or having been one. Although my work hasn't necessarily changed as I was kind of a jack of all trades there. I'm still one, just in a different building. Like today, when there's computer problems they call on me cause Virtual Services has the weekends off.

Or taking care of the YA section. I'm weeding through that fairly quickly despite spending the majority of the day at the desks. I got through to the J's. But they started at Z so that's progress.

Lots of pulling books, putting them on carts, taking the elevator downstairs, scanning all the books and changing statuses, weeding the ones that don't make the cut, putting the rest back on the cart, taking the cart back upstairs, and re-shelving them.

And going with that, apparently my back is screwed for future use.

We had this seminar thing during a staff meeting when this dude came out from Risk Management to talk about back safety.

Giving us examples of what not to do.

Well, I do that daily.

And that.

And those as well.

Woops.

Maybe not as often anymore since I'm not an Aide. But there's still a lot of that involved in checking in and moving carts and all that.

Do you know how awkward it is to "belly up to your work" when you're pushing a cart? I keep kicking the bottom of the freaking thing.

So, if my back fails on me I'll just be like my Supplies Predecessor and get to call 911 and actually say, "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!"

Alphabet Time.

Alright, so it's not as fun as saying T-Recs, but we're up to the U-turn.

I love No Doubt. Them plus Eminem and a lot of country were probably my favorites in Grade School, but I just found this version and it's fantastic.

Ignore the dancing animals in the background. I don't want Juwanna freaking out on me again.

"Underneath It All" - Zebrahead

awesome

"Unbelievable" Diamond Rio

pretty big fan of these guys as well. if you didn't figure that out already with our version of "Meet in the Middle" lyrics here:My Life in Closed Captions: You are the queen, but I'm, I'm just little.

"Up Around the Bend" CCR

another band i listened to a lot growing up. i blame this one on my father. but they have a lot of great songs that never get old.

Alright, I'm off.

Watch some more Leverage and make some plans to jam out with Bubby and Squirt tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment