I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Well if you gots the poison I've gots the remedy

Dear Blogspot,

Today I was totally productive.

Even more so than usual.

As I’m a big girl now, that apparently comes with responsibilities. Some of these have not yet been announced or I would be freaking out about them on here…although if you saw who I was shadowing and meeting with today then you probably already know. And it’s not like big big stuff. Okay, well some of it is. But it’ll be enough to keep me busy and freaked out for the next few years. Might take a while to adjust, but maybe it’s about time for a changeup.

Even though I’m still in changeup mode, switching from 20 to 40. Well, 35 to 40. With 38 at the work library and only 2 at the home library. I’m hoping the 2 hours there will continue on, but now that they have their new staff who knows what will happen.

Okay, aside from meetings and shadowing and then meeting with supervisors to talk about other stuff I also signed up for a parking spot, woohoo!

Then came home, made supper, did a bunch of computer stuff and watched some more Leverage. Still waiting on season two so I’m stalling until it gets there. Starting season three without watching it is feasible, but I’d rather watch it in order.

And that was today.

Tomorrow should be fun.

Staff meeting in the morning where hopefully all the changes will be announced and explained.

With the stuff that’s being handed out I’m shocked the supervisors weren’t losing their minds with all that they had to handle. Granted they got paid the big…well, bigger bucks, to do it. But still, that’s a lot of stuff.

Then I get yet another meeting with supervisors from different branches about a thing that I’m being put in charge of.

Again, I’ll explain more tomorrow. And prepare to get nervous and freaked out ramblings, I excel at those.

Okay, what else? Oh yeah.

Squirt now has a blog. And it’s gonna smash both mine and her mother’s down like the hand of god. She’s funny stuff. You should check out her “The End of Barbie and Ken” story, it’s highly amusing.

Alright, there were a lot of R-Recs to go through, so after a thorough weeding process (aka which ones don’t suck and which ones haven’t I posted within the last few months) I’ve come up with these ones.

Enjoy.


Red Wine, Mistakes, Mythology – Jack Johnson

The title made me laugh so I bought it. It’s actually pretty good, but most of his music is. I post a lot of it, probably one of my most posted artists, although Michelle Branch is climbing that ladder pretty quickly.

Remedy (I Won’t Worry) - Jason Mraz

him live makes me laugh.
It’s one of those songs that you know but you forgot you knew it. You know? I found a few of those when I put mine on shuffle. More Michelle Branch stuff included. I’ll find more of those after this whole alphabet thing is over. Plus the 12 Days of Xmas. There’s so many freakin’ Christmas Songs out there, I’ll have to post at least 12 of those. I’m just stoked for Day 12.

Or is it Day 1? Do you count down or up?

Rockafeller Skank – Fatboy Slim

This one is an excellent dance song. It’s actually on Dance Dance Revolution, the 3rd one I think. I don’t remember, I own a lot of them. I’ll have to remember to take them to the farm for the 1st. P Squared and me usually rally and do some of those, along with some SSX Tricky and lots of sparkling cider.

And apparently it’s well known as well. I posted a lyric from it as a blog title and it got more hits than most of my others.

Run Joey Run - David Geddes

cheesefest.
I hated when Glee covered this song. No idea why. I mean, they did a great rendition, I think it was just the video that went along with it. Rachel and her dramatics. But it was cool to have all three guys picking up on different verses.
Alright, that’s all for tonight. Big day tomorrow.


PS - Check out Priscilla Ahn’s CD “A Good Day” it’s delightful, a lot of upbeat music, not as many fillers as I’d thought there would be.

And Adele’s “21” I’m loving “I’ll Be Waiting”. Excellent jam out session.

and yes I'm going to post it. I'm allowed to, it's my blog.

"I'll Be Waiting" Adele

she's fantastic, live and radio.
words cannot express how awesome this song is.


Run Joey Run Joey Run Joey Run Joey Run Joey Run Joey Run!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment