I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"Hi, my name is Adam and I'm gonna sell you a car right now. I NEED you on my team!"

I kicked it old school today, jammed at the home branch with the Queen of Awesome and Joe Studley with special appearances by Sensei and John Boy.

Was cool, got to do the whole deal, bookdrop, holds list, opening, delivery, lunch break, covering for a lunch break, then help John Boy prep for a computer class and took off at 6.

Righteous man, I miss it there.

It's a totally different atmosphere.

As cheesy as that sounds, it is completely different.

This is a neighborhood library, small building, small patron base, slow pace. The work branch is the complete opposite. 4 floors, huge patron base, frantic pace, and there are other branches that are even bigger and more frantic.

Was great going back, had flashbacks.

So here are your reference fact or crap for the day.

-Racecar driver Lee Petty once left a pitstop and did a full lap at Nascar with a pit crew member still on the hood.

- In West Virginia you cannot fly a red flag in front of your house if you are disappointed in your sheriff.

- In Hong Kong a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her cheating adulterous husband but she may only do so with her bare hands.

- Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin lookalike contest.

- Bees have five eyes.

- Farmers in England are required by law to provide their pigs with toys.

- Plastic law flamingos outnumber real ones in the US.

- Virginia Woolf wrote all her books standing.

- At the end of the Beatles song "A Day in the Life" an ultrasonic whistle audible only to dogs was recorded by McCartney for his dog.

- According to a study men prefer white bedrooms and women prefer blue ones.

- When movie directors don't want their names to be seen in the credits they use the pseudonym Allen Smithee instead. It's been used over 50 times.

- Apparently the boyfriend thinks unpacking groceries is sexy.

Not.

But I did get some good food at Target, plus some camp stuff woohoo! Then came home to watch The Voice, Juliet all the way! Though I'm thinking it'll be either Tony or Jermaine.

Sad to see Katrina and Jamar go, but they'll keep going. Now that they have fans. Lots of artists from the first season got record deals. I'll look forward to Jordis'. I'm attempting to get Rockstar INXS from Interlibrary Loan as they highlights were put out on DVD. And she was on it, got 5th, with dreads. But cut 'em off after all that.

So my cat is giving me a massage. It's amusing. He does this frequently, then he bites me. As kind of a hello, I'm still here. In charge. Just cause you think you're the boss doesn't make it true.

Okay, well the fact or crap is my humor for the day. I'll hit you with more tomorrow.

"Oh Darling" Juliet Simms
gotta show some support. dare you to find one person who isn't completely blown away by this performance. or Roxanne. love that Adam gets really into it. i love her voice, it's just so different and gravely and awesome.
Team Cee-Lo is actually pretty dangerous with her, though I'm not sure she can beat the fanbase supporting Tony Lucca or Jermaine Paul. Would be interesting if the operatic Chris Mann wins it.

As for now I'm for Team Juliet, even though Christina is my favorite. Adam and Blake come in at a close second.





1 comment:

  1. Hey, great to see you yesterday! I miss the customers at South. They were the best. By the way, saw an interview where Dolly Parton said she was talked into participating in a DP look alike contest and didn't even place. I wouldn't think that killing a cheating husband with her bare hands would be a problem for a wronged Hong Kong lady. The other crap was very interesting. I used to live for that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete