I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cause I love you, Yes I love you!

I conformed to the norm today at work.

It was physically painful.

See, I'm an English snob.

Not all the time.

But there are moments that bring out the snob in me, if that makes sense?

It's okay though, I'm in good company for this stuff.

Anyway, Snob Moment:

For Summer Reading we have all these bookmarks. For the youth there's "Bats at the Library", Teens is all about "Own the Night", and then the adult theme is "Between the Covers" which I find amusing.

Anyway, there are two designs for the adult bookmarks. One is from Gone with the Wind and the other is from Frankenstein.

My conformity was this, I've officially adopted the speech, "you can either get Scarlett O'Hara reading about Frankenstein, or Frankenstein reading about Scarlett O'Hara."

My snob moment is this: Frankenstein is the doctor, not the creature.

So technically, it would be The Creature reading about Scarlett O'Hara. 

But explaining that to people just leaves them wide-eyed and confused, and I've found it's just easier to call him Frankenstein instead of saying, "The Creature created by Frankenstein reading about Scarlett O'Hara."

He was never officially given a name, Frankenstein sewed him up using recycled parts, brought him to life, and watched him kill people.

Meanwhile only referring to him as "The Creature."

Anyway, conforming to the norm, physically painful, yet probably worth it in the long-run.

It was one of those days though. And it wasn't just me, it seemed that about 90% of library employees today were having one of those days.

Though I made it through unscathed, the day was filled with minor flailing.

Okay so it was major flailing.

Which really isn't all that unusual on my part, but still not exactly pleasant.

So Slim Shady and I did what we do best. Zenned out on her couch and watched a marathon of Parks and Rec.

It was originally going to be Booze Cakes, but in the end there was neither booze, nor cake, just laziness and some comfy couches.

Plus Fearless Leader wasn't there and she's really the baker out of the three of us.

We gotta find a day that all three of us have the next day off and that we're all free. Which is nearly impossible, but hopefully one day soon it will happen. That Mudslide Cake thing was awesome.

I still have the urge to go see Dark Shadows again. Queen of Awesome and I gotta get on that. I'm thinking next week. Or maybe this weekend. I have class on Saturday, I KNOW! 8:30 AM which means I have to leave at 7.

Not that I'm complaining.

It'll be worth it, the Library Goddess is always worth it, I'm just not a morning person.

Speaking of morning people, I need to crash and quick. Kickoff is tomorrow and Mentor and I are gonna be swamped for about 4 hours straight. Plus all the morning stuff we have to do beforehand.

Songs of the day:




"Nights in White Satin" Moody Blues

oh my god i love this song. before dark shadows i'd never heard it before but i've been singing it every day since. it was at almost the very beginning, well 1972 very beginning when Maggie Evans becomes Victoria Winters and rides with the "unshaven young people" the Collinsport.

perfect song at the perfect moment.

"Top of the World" Carpenters

though i sing this one as well, which bugs me cause it's one of those songs like "it's a small world afterall" that if you sing it over and over it makes you want scream.


Tomorrow's Word of the Day: "Vimineous: a rare adjective meaning 'made of wicker'. From a Latin word meaning 'willow'."

No comments:

Post a Comment