I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, June 1, 2012

Bat Goggles man, they're all the rage.

I made it through the kickoff party!!

Still alive and breathing and functional and not like crying in a corner.

Today rocked, for serious man.

Morning flew by pretty quickly, but that's mostly because I was all over the place and freaking out the whole time. After lunch Mentor and I prepped for the kickoff itself, setting up tables and supplies, but she's a pro so she had the gameplan.

Some of our TAB kids came early to help set up, cause they're awesome like that.

The theme this year is "Dream Big" so our tables were stargazing, gold coin toss, paper lanterns, edible campfires, sparkling stars, bat tattoos and then of course registration and Bat Goggles.

Never in my life have I seen people so excited about wearing bats on their heads.

But they rocked.

So, I subtly said to Superwoman, hey, you should get the staff to wear these.

And I swear BossLady wanted my head on the platter.

Cause Superwoman was all over it.

So I took a picture of the two of us with them on, it rocks.

Actually I took a lot of pictures, but I'm not in this weekend so I won't get them uploaded and sent to our webmaster until Monday.

Which is probably bad, but they have some posted already from other people.

Especially the ones with Runza Rex.

Oh yeah, Runza Rex was there.

If you're not from Nebraska you probably have no idea what I'm referring to.

Here.




That's Runza Rex.

And some random little girl.

With a doll.

Anyway, yes, he's a giant dinosaur that is the mascot for a restaurant called Runza that's only in Nebraska.

So we had this giant mascot in the corner and people taking pictures with him. And I made the TAB kids take pictures with him, they were thrilled.

Actually they didn't seem to mind it so much, I took a lot of them helping out the kids, and we took a group picture at the end. It was like the ultimate passing of the baton when Mentor took the picture instead of being in it.

Which I don't like, I don't do well with batons. I've refused to take it from Liz for how many years at Camp J now? Nope, she will forever be the Britney Spears to my, whoever I am. I don't know, we just always laugh because her microphone looks like Britney's.

Though Mentor's been training me to take the baton on this one since January.

Which I think I can handle. We're not meeting again until September so I'll have primo time to plan.

First up when we meet again is decorating the YA area with some colorful art. Feels like the only white wall in the building and they want to make it stand out. I'm thinking sketches and paintings and all that. Got it cleared with the Boss, but I'll figure out specifics later.

So anyway, Bat Goggles, yes, they rocked. And the staff present loved them. Except for BossLady, but she pulled them off pretty well. Maybe I'll pull them out on Monday when I go back. Maybe that'll keep the creepers away. They'll think I'm creepy and be drawn to someone else for the day.

What else? Oh yeah, Squirt had a volleyball tournament so she had to leave the party early. I stopped by for her last couple games, they dominated. Don't think they lost a set all night. She rocks, glad she's playing with some good girls this time. This is with the high schoolers, she's playing with a bunch of JV-ers. But the high school she's going to has a Varsity, JV, Reserve and Freshman team. So pretty sure she's got a good chance of making it.

Tomorrow is Children's Lit with the Library Goddess so I should crash soon. Gotta stop for coffee on the way there, that's what I'm the favorite. And probably why she's making me her grad assistant. She does have a serious coffee addiction.

The tattoos covering my arms will probably stand out, but whatever. I think they're cool.

"Oh Happy Day" Sister Act 2

stuck in my head constantly. probably the best part of the movie. aside from the end concert. love the sequel, perhaps more than the original. though both are good. they should bring it back for a third round. she could be at a college this time. they did turn it into a musical, they could do anything.

though now when i hear that song i think of this as well. Mike and Molly - Oh Happy Day
i so love victoria.

"he taught me, he taught me HO-OW!"

No comments:

Post a Comment