I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, June 18, 2012

and baby, you've got what it takes.

Pretty busy day today, worked 9-6, then hit up Squirt's volleyball games, and made it home to watch SC lose to Arkansas, sad day.

But we're not out of it yet we can come back. Take on Kent State on Wednesday, the only Cinderella left of the bunch. Still sad Stony Brook got eliminated, still blaming it on jitters. It's a lot to take, few errors and a lack of offense kind of kick your own butt.

That just leaves Arkansas and Arizona as undefeated. I don't have problems with either of those, Zona kicked UCLA's butt so that was cool and Arkansas has NE's old coach Dave Van Horn. That's who Grams picked for the tournament. Cool Aunt got her a shirt, bet she was excited to see them beat SC tonight.

Sad day for me, but they'll come back.

Stoked Florida is toast.

We're not big fan of the Floridas. Or anything from Texas. Minus A&M, I don't mind them. And the Horned Frogs from TCU, they're okay. Kind of an interesting logo but I guess so is a gamecock, seawolf or cornhusker really.

Enough about the CWS, I'm sure I'll overload you with that for the next week.

What else is going on?

School. Lots of homework there, though not as much this week which is nice since I'm semi-busy.

Big plans for a girls night tomorrow with the Queen of Awesome, desperately need one of those, gonna get some indian food, then Thursday night Smo is coming out to stay over as she has a thing here on Friday. I'm just glad I have Friday off. Gonna sleep in, do some homework, work some movies maybe. I have so many freakin' things checked out that I haven't gotten to yet cause all I watch is baseball.

And skateboarding.

I love DVR.

Apparently the boyfriend is excited about Dallas's return to TV.

I have no qualm against Dallas, though I didn't watch the original, apparently I'm supposed to look into it.

I'll add it to my list, along with the rest of Dark Shadows and Bewitched seasons 2-8.

Anyway, so I'm trying to work on some time management this week. Did a little homework tonight, planning mostly and finding books, can write and finish everything Wednesday night and since it's not due until Thursday at 11:59PM I'll have to time to finish any leftovers before Smo gets here at 11.

What else? Umm... few more camp applications today so got to input all that information. But I'm kind of a nerd for that stuff, I like assigning campers and counselors to cabins and coming up with a schedule, ordering t-shirts, and writing skits.

Speaking of, will have to work more on that soon, though technically I can't officially write/finish them until like the day of cause my numbers are constantly changing. I get frantic phone calls from parents on Thursday asking if their kid can still come on Friday. But I don't want to be that camp that turns people away so we make room and switch stuff around. Same reason we don't charge campers that much, we want to encourage them to come, get bigger every year. If that means we're gonna have to come up with some extra space we'll find it.

Like I said, nerd. I'm queen of the nerds.

And this queen of the nerds is thinking she should probably stop rambling about things like baseball, tv and camp so you will not actually think she is the nerd queen.

Cause I'm not a fan of that nickname.

Even though it's probably true.

So, on to the music recs, here's an unknown, he does a lot of covers and he's really talented on the guitar especially. He goes by "The other Josh Turner" as he is not the one you think of when you hear the name.

These are only a couple of my favorites, check them out.

"Baby (You've Got What It Takes)" cover by Josh Turner and Larkin Dodgen

these kids are great, excellent cover. his guitar is fantastic, wish i could play like that.


"Get Back" cover by Josh Turner and friends

like i said, impressive.

Alright, out for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment