I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, June 8, 2012

So he found a chump sucker by the name of Cassio.

And so the day ends with more frustration and stress than it started, but I guess that happens.

I made an effort. And really that's more than I do for a lot of people so I'm going to bed with a clear head.

Or attempting to go to bed with a clear head cause if I don't I'll be a mess tomorrow.

And tomorrow is a big day.

Class at 8:30 meaning I leave at 7 and stop for coffee for myself and the Library Goddess on the way there. Then I get to act all smart and professional like I know what I'm doing and crap.

But as "crap" is not professional I'm getting all my "crap"s out now.

Driving today was crap.

Construction around work today was crap.

The blasting music from the festival surrounding us was crap.

Or maybe it wasn't, all we could hear were the back beats.

And they were crap.

And endless.

Endless crap.

That's all of my crap for now.

I mean, there was more, but I'll leave it at that.

The slow traffic at work today drove me bananas. I actually had time to sit down and check my e-mail. Which is a rarity as of late. So I made some progress on the Food Drive plan, plotted with my partner in crime about some details.

All will be revealed next week at the management team meeting so stay tuned.

What else did I do today? Think of good stuff.

Oh got Noodles for lunch. That rocked.

Waiting in line for half an hour for them was crap.

Oops, good things, ummm....

I got to work with Slim Shady for an hour. And say more than two words to Fearless Leader who I rarely see at all.

They don't let us work together anymore, pretty sure it's a conspiracy. The only time I see them is in the parking lot after work!

Actually that's kind of amusing because pretty much everyone parks there or in the garage across from it so on the way out we ran into Super Librarian Status who had to come back for his daughter's dance recital. It's humorous to walk into work together in the mornings, looks like we carpooled or something.

And then of course there was the time we almost got pummeled by Superwoman. Of all the times to have jaywalked - dude, don't do that in front of your boss. She'll not only give you crap for it, she'll also almost hit you with her car.

But Slim Shady started it!

I just followed!!

And the funniest thing was that we didn't even realize that it was her that was flying towards us until she pulled up to the light and honked, then rolled down the window and yelled at us.

Then told us she does it all the time.

Too funny.

But I guess jaywalking is a way of life when you work downtown.

What else from today? Oh yeah, so endless frustration forced me into finding my happy place, aka camp stuff. So I uploaded more application info and sorted it out. Then attempted to write some skits but everything came out all angst.

And the parents don't want angst. So I distracted myself with the Reduced Shakespeare Company on DVD instead.

Oldest Sister and I went to see them live, it was highly entertaining. Not as good as they were live, but you should check out the copy in the library. It's fantastic.

Here's my favorite: The Othello Rap


stick with it, it's worth it.

"Cause he had a big- SWORD!"

Adam is actually one of the founding members of the troop, the others were added later. But he's my favorite, and they're always making him wear the wigs and be the girl.

Okay, I've officially been distracted. Gonna throw on some Big Bang Theory and crash. Early day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your day was CRAP. I called the Mayor's office yesterday and complained as a customer. In a nutshell, I wanted to go in and get some DVDs but they had every entryway blocked with construction crap (that word again.) AND it's about time they moved the damn festivals somewhere else and give us library patrons a break. Steam came out of my ears and vitrol out of my mouth. I was told, in a eupehmistic sort of way, to stuff it. Well, I tried!

    Did about a 2 1/2 hour stint at South for SR sign ups today. Mostly adults which I find amazing. Got to see Vaunceil and that's always good.

    ReplyDelete