I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, June 11, 2012

Thumbs up for shawarma.

Highlights of the day:

-Woke up early, this time 8:25 instead of 8:35. Aren't you proud mother? I don't have to be at work until 9:05 and I usually leave around 8:45 so I'm good. This morning I was early, almost stopped for a donut and coffee but settled for a granola bar from my locker and some fruity flavored water.

-Stocked the Young Adult display as it was pretty much pillaged from the weekend. Proud of that one, actually brought up the YA circulation numbers as it brings attention to the section. I'm hoping it doesn't get converted to displaying something else.

-Squirt came in for her volunteer hours. Invited me to her volleyball games tonight.

-For once it wasn't me getting the creepy stalker I want to date you note!! Not that I don't look back fondly at "likes ass or jazz" incident, but seriously, the fact that Slim Shady was on the receiving end instead of myself really made my day. Ask her. It's highly amusing.

-Hit up the volleyball games. One sand, the other turf. She's pretty good, had some good serves and digs I was proud.

-Went to Babylon. A surprisingly short journey from here. Though we did miss the turn. But Danny & the Juniors kept telling me to go to "the hop" and I think my mind must have jumped to "where is the closest apartment complex with speed bumps?" and decided to go there first. We called it the scenic route.

 -Ordered the shawarma at Babylon and gotta say, it was awesome. If the Avengers approved I figured it was worth a shot. Got a box-o-shawarma in the fridge which I'll probably pull out and reheat at about 3AM when I'm in and out of consciousness yet think I must eat something or I'll die. Is that just me?

-Talked with camp partner in crime and talked through some camp stuff. More of that this weekend after the weekend.

-Posted the homework that's due tomorrow at 11:59. Woohoo! Just gotta finish the three assignments by Thursday at 11:59 and I'm gold. Until next week. Then it'll be more of the same.




Quotes of the day:

"Stop being crazy in my dreams."

"Oh, my big toe!"


More Useless Information:

 -The Red Sea is not red. However, the yellow river is actually yellow, though not for the reason one would assume.

-India has a bill of rights for cows.

-27% of Americans believe we never landed on the moon.

-Elephants are the only mammal that can't jump.

-A group of tigers is called a "streak".

-The bible has been translated into Klingon.

-Peladophobia is the fear of bald people.

-Kemo Sabe means soggy shrub in Navajo.

-No president of the US has been an only child.

-Frogs cannot swallow without blinking.

-Bulls are colorblind therefore they will usually charge at a matador's cape no matter what color it is.

-The triangular shape that Toblerone chocolate is packaged in is protected by law.

-When cows lay down they get up back feet first so if you get enough people to sit on the back end the cow won't be able to stand.

-Every year more people are killed by donkeys than in aircraft crashes.

"Uprising" Muse

from way back before everyone knew him because of kate hudson. classic.

I listened to a lot of Muse this weekend. It drives me nuts when a close friend is mad at me so I turn back to hard rock. Blasts it out for about 3 minutes until it comes back. Thankfully another song starts immediately after.

Think this one is my favorite aside from "Bliss". Though critics say they sound like Radiohead. Maybe. Thoughts?


Tomorrow's Word of the Day: "Criticaster: a minor or incompetent critic. The ending -aster is used to form nouns referring to someone who is inept or unskillful in a certain sphere of activity, for example, poetaster, a person who writes bad poetry, or medicaster, a person who falsely claims to have medical skills."

I'll leave it to my regulars to come up with how to use it in a sentence. I'm headed to the fridge to heat up some shawarma.


No comments:

Post a Comment