I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Fireworks, Ted, Summer Songs and a Binary Solo

I'm free!!

Until August!!

From school that is, now it's Camp J in high gear. Meeting this weekend with an impromptu golfing session after, but that's really more for our sanity and practice for the big tournament in August.

It was a good day at least. Left early this morning cause I took the Library Goddess with me. I didn't get pulled over and I only ran over one curb with her in the car so I'm calling it a victory.

Class was good, talked about literacy strategies and then presented our digital book projects. I'm just glad it's done, included everything from the syllabus but we shall see.

After that it was the pizza party. Basically a get together meal for all the library students. I met a lot of people, and it's amusing because I get introduced as the Cool Aunt's niece and they all know her so it's like an immediate, "oh yeah!" kind of thing. Highly entertaining.

Added something to the Cool Aunt's haiku, then took off and headed out to see the boyfriend and buy some fireworks.

Hit up my dorm mom's stand, called her enroute of course and she answers, "yes we're open where are you?" The woman knows me all too well. And she gives me free stuff...cause I buy stuff....lots of stuff.

To be fair I did warn him in advance that he was about to see his girlfriend spend an obscene amount of money on something that will literally blow up in her face.

But he'll probably be lighting off half of it anyway.

All I have left to buy is tanks. And I can get those from the Strang stand the day before. They have one in the Dollar General parking lot that I always hit up to support their baseball team. I used to play softball there so gotta show some support. In Strang, not the Dollar General parking lot. Just to clear that up.

After fireworks we went out to eat with his fantastic sister and her amusing boyfriend. They're pretty great so it was cool hanging out with them. And then we hit up Ted. Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis, talking stuffed teddy bear, etc.

It was....interesting. I mean, not awful. Heart-warming at times. Highly inappropriate at others.

Scale of Awesome would rate it somewhere around 4/10. It wasn't bad, I laughed, I just don't plan on watching it again.

Very Family Guy-esque. Since it was the same dude it kind of makes sense.

If you don't know the premise, it's basically this kid has no friends so he makes a wish that his teddy bear could come to life and they could be best friends forever. And it works, and then the story jumps to like 25 years later when he's 35 and has a girlfriend who's sick of the bear and all that.

Here:



like i said, interesting.

And, as is tradition. Out for the summer means a new Summer Song.

Cause I'm a nerd and declare the first song that plays after I'm officially out for the summer to be my summer song and I can't skip it for the entire summer. Which works out for some, and not so well for others.

2008: Kat Deluna's "Whine Up"

this was one of them that got old fast.

2009: "Tomorrow Still Comes" Will Dailey

he's a bit quirky, just go with it.

2010: "Remember Last Time" by Avi Buffalo

yes they're kids and his voice is much different recorded, this is live.

2011: "Tonight, Tonight" Hot Chelle Rae

technically it was the radio version, but i found this one and as i've posted the other multiple times, i'm posting this one now. shockingly not sick of this one yet.

which leads me to 2012 and...drumroll....or not. 

Big surprise here, though it wasn't planned I hit shuffle as usual.

2012: "Want U Back" the US version of course

get tired of the kid rapper on the uk one.

the grunts really do make the song though, found this one and it's just not the same.

she is fantastic live.
and like 18.

and getting married.



and here's a little something extra just because i can.

Flight of the Conchords "Robo Boogie"

love the binary solo.

OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment