I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Love's what I got, Don't start a riot, You'll feel it when the dance gets hot...

I knew there was a reason I still wore this ring.

So I need to work on my phrasing.

Apparently saying "can I help you with anything else" just brings unwanted responses about asking me out.

So I went with "can I help you find anything" but then they just changed it to "your phone number".

It's situations like these where I hold up the left hand and then they go away.

Fantastic.

And I don't even have to say anything.

Though I'm not actually engaged what we learned in school is actually true. You pick up more clues from nonverbal communication than you do verbal.

And that's all the English major you'll get out of me tonight.

Staff meeting in the morning, not so excited about possible changes but if it happens it happens. I was told I was both valuable and efficient today so that was interesting. I attempt to do my best. We'll see what happens.

Had a massive freakout moment tonight. Remember I did that whole big huge project on Greek Mythology because I had this book that I thought was on a list of options to choose from but then it ended up not being on that list, or any others for this week so had to start from scratch with a book that's actually from one of the lists. But it is cultural so I thought that's why I picked it for this week. Apparently I must have picked it for last week's nonfiction selections.

It was ironic though because Sam the Man and I were talking about Prometheus today, trying to figure out what his specialty was. I don't think I could see that movie. Apparently it's pretty graphic and I heard some kid had a seizure while watching it because it was so intense. Probably not one to go on my list, though I do like the mythology fiction movies or books like the Percy Jackson series is fantastic, and now the Lost Hero series. But Rick Riordan used to teach mythology so he knows what he's talking about.

Anyway, the point is I had to start over and finished in a couple hours, but it's posted and done! Not as well done as the original Greek Mythology one but it works. You should read "Underground" by Shane Evans. Super cool. Great coloring.

So that's done, and my other books are posted online which just leaves class on Saturday and I gotta be across town by 7AM then so I should enjoy sleep now while I still can.

Songs You Know But Forgot You Knew Them:

"What I Got" Sublime


so different from their others yet their only number 1 single. love it. flashbacks.




No comments:

Post a Comment