I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

so we're coming out of the kitchen cause there's something we forgot to say to you...

I find myself watching the Arizona vs. FSU game over and over because I keep falling asleep and I want to watch the extra innings. I mean, I know who wins, but I still want to watch the extra innings.

Actually a pretty good day, taught one of the interns how to do expired/cancelled holds, checked in a whole cart of new stuff, helped out at the Summer Reading Event with the Saltdogs, got my picture taken with the mascot after my camera phone backfired on me like twice, found some books for an outreach event with one of my TAB kids, did some supply runs meanwhile stabbing myself with a pencil, taught a different intern all the Lab stuff with Girlscout - Team Awesome reunited - and then came the highlight of the day which was girls night with the Queen of Awesome.

That rocked.

Got some indian food, will probably eat my chicken tikka leftovers at around 2AM - have you ever noticed how good food tastes in the early AM's?

Actual adult conversation about actual real-life stuff mixed with a really strong cosmo and our amusing stories made for a fun night. After dinner we hit up a coffee shop and sat outside for a while. Her kiddos are getting older and my camp is coming up so we talked all about the joys of children running wild.

A nice break from the norm and makes me miss the home branch even more. But I get to work there next week so that'll be fun.

Took some excellent pictures, I'd upload them in my phone wasn't being so weird. Technology and me are just not cohesive today.

But it wasn't all play today, wrote and submit a paper tonight. We had to attend a summer reading event and do a write-up, done! Now all I have left for that class is a nonfiction reading strategy due Thursday, upload some audience and appeal reviews on goodreads for 4 nonfiction and 4 cultural j books, and do a media book project pimping out a book in a virtual way, and then I'm done!

So tomorrow will be a big day as well, after work I gotta go get groceries cause Smo is coming and I got nothing, then clean, then write the nonfiction strategy paper and upload those reviews then go to bed. And Thursdays I'm supposed to go to my nephew's game and learn how to do book as apparently they want me to do that for some future games. For some reason. Guess we'll figure that out.

Oh and Thursday is also Food Drive Day, meaning early morning picking up barrels and driving to all the branches to drop them off and explain the gameplan. Meaning I should have that officially written out so I'll know how to explain it. In actual grown up words that sound professional and make sense and stuff.

Yes, and stuff.

Alright, song of the day:

Heard this one immediately after our departure from girls night and found it fitting.

Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves - Eurythmics feat. Aretha Franklin

love the dance moves from 2:18-2:20

out!

No comments:

Post a Comment