I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, June 9, 2012

you can tell your dog to bite my leg.

So, interesting day. Highlights include:

Class this morning, had to leave at 7AM. Mornings are not my strong point so I stopped for coffee on the way there - the usual order but a different girl. She was fast and more efficient than the regular chick so that was exciting.

Then actual class was mostly about literacy and Blome's Taxonomy, art of asking good questions. Then we gave some booktalks, went over some homework from last week and talked about projects for this upcoming week.

Literally got a pat on the back from the Library Goddess telling me I nailed the assignment. Says I got APA citations down. Think I can do them in my sleep. Which is funny cause I did MLA for years and I never got the hang of that.

Actually was nervous cause when we broke off into our group - there's only a few of us that are Mizzou library people so we go to a different classroom, the whole like 6 of us - and she was talking about how we need to work on our citations. Then I checked my grade and she said I got it perfected. Best of the bunch.

Which I was stoked about cause there are some seriously smart people there. This is library school man.

After that was the drive home and I attempted some homework when I got here but it didn't last long. Though I am stoked for the assignment, well one of them anyone, coming up with a visual project on a book I'm thinking True Story of the Three Little Pigs but still brainstorming project ideas. She gave us a list, I've narrowed it down.

More on that later, actually more like tomorrow. When I have the time to work on it. Maybe stop by the library to pick up some books I'll need. But highly doubtful, I can do that Monday and work on it Monday night.

So I watched some Big Bang Theory to make all the crazy go away, I'm getting closer to season four. I just watched this great interview with Jim Parsons and the chick who plays his girlfriend - I can never remember her name and I'd butcher it if I tried. See if I can find the interview.



Mayim Bialik, would never had guessed that. She seems fantastic.

Anyway, so there was class and then there was homework and the Big Bang Theory and I'm almost about to crash when I get this text from the boyfriend saying we'll be there in ten minutes.

What?!

Who's we?

So yeah, ten minute warning, apartment's a semi-disaster area so I start throwing stuff in closets meanwhile thinking am I already asleep and just dreaming this conversation? But then the phone vibrates again telling me they're on their way so I keep throwing stuff in closets.

Turns out he and his friend went to the races then decided to stop by on their way out.

At 11PM.

Which as fine, enjoyable actually, just a bit out of the blue. Carter enjoyed playing with his friend, though this was right after he took a giant chunk out of a my leg so I wasn't happy with him. I haven't seen his friend since college and that was back when we were dating before. Not like before before, this was the second time. And currently we're on round three. But it's working and I'm happy.

They jammed out for a while, talked about high school and weddings and dancing, apparently if we get married the Cha Cha Slide is on the banned music list. Told him I'd have to clear that with a few friends first.

Anyway, so just altogether a good and unexpected day.

Song of the night:


Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus

stylin' man, stylin' love that it's two different hair styles but only one outfit.

"you can tell your dog to bite my leg" i remember we had this as karaoke at teen camp from way back like 5 years ago and MAK recited it and we all went, "what?!"

did you know that was the lyric?



No comments:

Post a Comment