I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, June 24, 2012

i want u back, i want u back, want-want-u-want-u back, uh!

Where do I start?

Jammed all day at the home branch with the Glee-Loving Boss and my ex-aide-partner-in-crime. Was cool catching up and all that, and actually massively busy, especially when he went to lunch and I was by myself. But isn't that how it always works.

No massive takeovers or small fires, just some kids who talked endlessly. So I talked them into joining the summer reading program and sent them to the volunteer. And it worked. But then they came back.

After they left it got pretty quiet and he was back to start the movie. I took off at 6, carpooled to my college town with Oldest Sister and Squirt. She babysat for Second Sister while we hit up the new Mexican place. It was awesome. Got a huge pitcher of mango margaritas. And got through like half of it. And there were three of us.

And what's more amusing is we're talking and this old dude at the table next to us comes over and gives us crap about not being able to finish it. So I downed some. Gave me a brainfreeze, my third of the night. But there was still at least a fourth of a pitcher left, and it was pure alcohol you could see the division.

Their table was amusing, it was one of the chicks birthdays and they sombrero-d her and put whip-cream on her face. And sang. Remind me not to go there on my birthday.

Had some fun, interesting stories and all that, and I was only scarred for life once which is a new record so I'd call it a victory.

Quotes of the night: 
-"Everybody has an uncle Johnny." So, my grandma - dad's mom - was a bit stubborn. Okay, a bit more than a bit. My favorite quotation of hers comes from when she refused to go downstairs because of a tornado warning. "Wake me when it's in the yard." I still quote it cause seriously, there's been some sort of storm warning almost every other day for weeks. Wake me when it's in the yard. Then I'll run like hell. 

Anyway, she was stubborn. We have no idea what Uncle Johnny did, but she would not let him live it down. And as we were being all philosophical and all that crap, we've decided that pretty much everyone has an Uncle Johnny in their lives. Someone who drives them mad to the point of frustration.

And I liked the quote so I'm gonna put it in something. Anecdote of some sorts, and leave it unexplained. See what happens. If I actually have time to write anything anytime soon. Though I do only work 4-6 tomorrow, maybe I'll pull up a word doc and continue on with the apartment story. Geez, apartment story, been a while. I do have thoughts about all the tenants, I just gotta actually put them down on paper. Or virtual paper at least. Shitty first drafts, write down everything you can get rid of it later.

This made more sense in my head before I started typing, ignore that and go with these ones.

Oldest Sister: "She was a S-L-U-T. I don't know why I'm whispering."
Second Sister: "Carrie can spell."

There's always a mass amount of sarcasm that goes with dinners like these. And a mass amount of children stories. Apparently even when their children aren't around they still feel compelled to censor themselves. Mostly. Then get them some liquor and that goes away. Though the censorship wouldn't do much good anyway as the one who spelled it out is the one with kids aged 12 and 14. Think they can spell that.

Their kids are quite humorous. We talked a lot about them and what they've got going on, reminiscing of their moments of snarkyness. I remember one time, Bubby was like five, and he said "Crap" and I told him he was too young to say crap. He asked what he was supposed to say instead and I said something like "oh carrots" or "oh potatoes" to which he replied "you're a potato" and I probably said something about him being carrots, I think there was something about fried cheese thrown in their somewhere and it went back and forth for a while and then he hit me with, "You don't even have any brains, there's just spiders crawling around up in there." 

I died. And crowned him king of the comeback.

He's clever like that, do not underestimate the kid. He's full of one-liners.

What else have we got from tonight? Oh yeah, so we were pulling up to the restaurant and this song started to play and I was explaining it to Second Sister as she had never heard it and she was like whatever. And then we were driving to her place and it started playing on the radio and oh my god, every time the chick grunts we cracked up.



too funny.

This is the American version, in the UK one there's a kid rapper and the video is a bit more um, UK. Interesting interpretations as the UK one is all fancy with photos and digital effects, and this one is like punk rock meets 50's diner. Americana.

Alright I'm out for the night. Sleeping in twice in three days man, I could get used to this. Not that it will happen again anytime soon. I'm out until around 3ish as I don't go in until 4. Don't freak out if I don't answer my phone until after noon. I'm sleepin' in! and probably watching some Dark Shadows, gotta get through more ILL's so I can request Freakazoid and Dexter's Lab.

...in his La-BORE-a-TORE-y






No comments:

Post a Comment