I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, May 4, 2012

I blow my stack.

"There are too many girls here."

You said it buddy.

My nephew at my niece's dance recital.

He was perfectly content playing his DS video game.

But he was right.

Two hours, about 100 girls on stage.

1 boy.

But he was the best one out there!

Which was humorous for us, but good for him.

He was the only boy last year as well.

Today went by pretty slowly.

Early lunch so I went out with Slim Shady for sandwiches.

Oh but one of the volunteers brought cookies, they were fantastic.

After lunch I was mostly in the lab, checked in holds and then I got the oh so joyful task of setting up tables for tomorrow.

Though I didn't go in past years so I have no idea how to arrange them.

I made it up as I went along, if they don't like the arrangement they are welcome to move them.

But that'll be my day tomorrow.

Get paid to eat pizza with my teens and label books.

For three hours, woohoo!

That's basically all I've got for tonight, boring I'm sorry.

I'll find some reference fact or crap for you, OH! So, things I learned today: that if a ball joint is broken it can totally screw up your tire allignment, and the warning sign is that it clicks.

Also, BossLady is a clown.

No, literally she is a part-time clown.

Shoes and all.

And apparently it pays well.

Which just makes me laugh.

Future blackmail material perhaps.

Okay, actual reference fact or crap.

- In Vulcan, Alberta Canada, the welcome tourist sign is written in both English and Klingon.

- Richard Millhouse Nixon was the first president whose name contains all the letters from the word "criminal". The second was William Jefferson Clinton - who thinks of these things, seriously?

- Jedi is an actual religion with over 70,000 followers in Australia. I remember that one from Sociology of Religion. We also talked about the holy spaghetti and meatballs thing.

- There are 158 verses in the Greek National Anthem.

- The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

- In Albuquerque, New Mexico it is illegal for cab drivers to reach out and pull potential customers into their cabs.

There you go, you are educated.

Check out these rec's and you're good to go.

Trashin' the Camp - Tarzan

one of the songs at the recital tonight, and also one of my favorite musical animated moments.

I Blow My Stack - Yosemite Sam Saw this one a couple of times and found it humorous. Especially the beard in the beginning and the librarian reference. check it out. Sorry, now I can think of is, "I'm Arianna, I have team spirit, I don't do drugs, so check me out." Cha cha butchee, cha cha cha butchee Roll call." "My name is Craig, I did drugs once, I am a spartan, so check me out." "So check us out." Apparently I don't get enough sleep so I'm going to bed now. Slim Shady: "I'm going to text you at ten saying to go to bed. And around midnight you'll take it into consideration." Me: "Actually it'll be more like I check my phone at 2AM and say, hey she's right." OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment