I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Oh what a feeling, it must be love.

You know what's truly awesome?


When you have a really crappy day, and then you see your boyfriend and he says like two words and it fixes everything.


So yeah, crappy day, but that happens a lot in public service.


But the boyfriend fixed it, talked me down, distracted me with Dark Shadows. Which I will wait to fully review until I see it again. Which I will. Cause it was fantastic.


Though my stomach is still all weird.


I don't do well with conflict.


I avoid it if all possible.


Mostly because it makes me physically sick.


I got in this knock down, drag out, physically yelling out loud at each other fight with my professor in college after class about youth and the justice system and I was miserable for like a week.


I respect my elders, I don't believe in pulling crap like that, so you knew it was serious.


Though I still think I'm right and he's wrong.


And then, AND THEN! he brings it up in class the next session and poses it as a debate.


Which I guess is an okay thing to do as a professor, but not as a person.


"so we've been talking about this and having a great debate, at least I think it's a great debate, what do you guys think about it?"


Did I mention how much I really didn't like college?


I just need some sleep.


Tonight helped, he's great, my boyfriend. Has all the answers. And only the good ones. Not like the people who claim to have answers for everything.


Speaking of distraction I still have those quotebooks sitting on the floor.


See if I can find anything interesting.


Random page in '09.... oh geez, speak of the devil. Not that one, flipping to a different page.


Okay, Placement Seminar senior year. We came up with resumes, portfolios, went on fake interviews, actually I give credit to that class for getting the job.


Anyway, first week as a class we came up with a life plan.


1. Get born. 
2. Grow up - eat spinach, drink milk, stop picking your nose. 
3. Go to college - pick a major your parents like.
4. Get high...PAYING job.
5. Find a family - don't want to see them just know they're there.
6. Buy stuff - like a motorboat.
7. Get old - purchase many anti-aging projects to hide the fact that it's almost over and you've missed it.
8. Die. Or leave. 


There were a lot of anti-aging products and a motorboat references throughout the class.


I loved that class it was fantastic, she had the best one-liners.


"Nothing like spending your Friday night crying into a bag of Doritos."


"What's a Zamboni? Pasta?"


"He can dunk."
"Donuts?"


"Are we drinking before or after the interviews?"
"Interview rule #1: Celebrate After."


"If you can, case the joint."
"Case the joint?!"
"Don't quote me."


woops.


"Is taking a backpack to an interview normal?"
"Not unless you plan on stealing some office supplies when you leave."


"Don't fold your resume. Especially not into projectile objects."


But that was the same semester I took Group Tech so there were a lot of quotes in the book. I still have flashbacks to that class. That's my curse, and he'll take full blame. I threatened once to make him business cards that said his name and then "Messer of Minds".


It was a fun class, mostly just about how people behave when they're in groups. It's amusing to observe staff meetings and see it happening.


I was a Behavioral Sciences major once upon a time. Before I switched back to English.


But I don't want to spill any secrets because then people will change their behavior and I won't get to find it amusing anymore.


He was a great professor though, always highly amusing.


"Rhythmic breathing. Weird phenomenon."


and my forever favorite after explaining an assignment: "Be creative. Don't get arrested."


As bad as college could be I really liked all - well, the majority - of my professors. And made some good friends along the way.


AS: "He wasn't wearing a jacket."
LA: "But I'm in the back!"
AS: "That doesn't matter, no jacket, no talk! That's the rule!"
LA: "It's okay, he was wearing a plaid shirt."
AS: "Never trust a guy in plaid!"
LA: "Okay, so in order for me to trust them they shouldn't wear plaid, but they should wear a jacket?"
AW: "What if they're wearing plaid and a jacket?"
CK: "What if it's a plaid jacket?"
AS: "Then run!"


So glad to get that one on tape. It made for an interesting drivethru at McDonalds. 


Okay, I'm officially distracted and okay again. 


Tomorrow's another day. 


And its Word of the Day will be: "Logodaedaly ingenious or cunning use of words. Logo- comes from a Greek root meaning 'word' and -daedaly is related to Daedalus, the name of the designer of the Labyrinth for the Minotaur of Crete. His name has come to mean 'ingenious, skillful'. Another rare logo- word is the nonce-word logopandocie, which is the 'readiness to admit words of all kinds' and describes the English language and most lexicographers."


There you go, pronounce that one.


A couple hours ago the songs I had planned were a bit more angsty. But I'm liking this whole classic country thing.


Oh yeah, so I got this free month of XM radio thing so they can tempt me to buy it, did you know they have an entire channel dedicated to Hair Bands?


I enjoyed the Prime Country channel on the drive back.

"It Must Be Love" Alan Jackson



"Next To You, Next To Me" Shenandoah

classic. i enjoy the cops with the aviators. that's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment