I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Very superstitious, writings on the wall...

Alright, Avengers is covered, now it's time for The Voice and Castle finales.

Thoughts?

I'm thinking, awesome.

For the pair.

I guessed a long while back that Jermaine was gonna take it. And he definitely deserved it. He did have a major edge already being on stage with Alicia Keys, and I think people really feared him because of it. Experience means less nerves which means better stage presence.

I like him, I like his voice, and I think Blake's a great coach - he's super picky about turning around during the Blind Auditions so you know if he does they're worth it.

Background singer no more.

I was just seriously excited for Juliet Simms for getting second. When it was announced that Tony got third and she had a shot at being first her jaw just dropped.

She was my favorite of the final four,
"I thought we were gonna make a toast and then we got a car? I don't have a car so I need this!"
"I feel like I'm on Oprah!"

I'm guessing they'll all get record deals, that's what happened last year. I wanna hear more of Juliet Simms. I got one of Automatic Loveletter's CD's through interlibrary loan - that was her band before she made The Voice. It's great. Same gravelly voice, but with original lyrics.

Here's some highlights from the finale:

Notice how I don't include Bieber Fever. Though I did enjoy Erin saying they were going to stalk him backstage.



definitely one of my favorite moments. basically the final four brought back former season two competitors and they sang together. This was Jermaine's bringing back Pip, Jamar and James for some Jackson Five. Love the choreography. And they're all so different from each other. I miss James and Pip, they were great.




such a random pair for Juliet to bring back, I was just intrigued, seriously. but i guess Raelynn was like her little sister and Jamar was just always so positive and as they were the final two for Team Cee-Lo it makes sense.




a little random since they weren't the final four, but awesome just the same. Sera rocked it.



i like this combo, Chris is great with opera but then you've got Lindsay's unique tone and Katrina's powerful vocals, it was great.




"this is what they were afraid of purrfect, they're gonna fire us."this is my impression of purrfect..." too funny.


love it. seriously love it. "i can't say the same."

save the best for last.



okay, i literally jumped up and down. literally got up and jumped. and at that point i was like, okay, Tony can win and i'll be okay with it. all because he brought Jordis back. she's my favorite, unless you missed all my rambles throughout the season.

She's just so great, she has a grit to her voice and serious power, great at both relaxed like "wild horses" and then hardcore like "maybe i'm amazed".

Hope she makes the "best of" CD. Or gets a record deal.

Can't wait until next season.

Speaking of, Castle's finale was huge!

Whilst the case storyline wasn't all that spectacular, actually I was a little let down by that, but the end made it worth it.

Now I just hope they don't screw it up like Bones.

I think they had their season finale as well, but I'm so far behind and for some odd reason have no motivation to catch.

Think it's all because things changed when they got together.

You can tell I'm not the only one. When a show changes nights that means it's at risk. If everybody was tuning in when it was on there'd be no reason to change things, they would already dominate in number of viewers.

Maybe Castle will be different.

I'm wondering if that's part of the reason why they're holding off on Ziva and Tony on NCIS.

And why Penny and Leonard broke up, course I'm behind on that too so for all I know they could be back together.

Too much pressure to keep them together. Plus it takes away motivation to keep watching since they're already together.

That's one of the reasons Frasier did so well. They didn't end up getting together until like the 8th season. And people kept watching because they had to see how it happened and then what happened next.

That's how I got sucked in, it was like finally! But now I have to watch until they get married and then I had to watch until they had kids and then I had to keep watching to see how it all ended.

On the agenda for today was a halfday at work then a meeting for grad school stuff. Basically I'm gonna be her grad assistant and have to take over her current duties. One of them is to lead these comprehensive exam study sessions where you get tips from those who took it and learn how to submit them - we don't have a major test, just a bunch of essays.

It was pretty informal, basically just went over the necessary steps. And then I talked to her about GA stuff, puts me at ease knowing what's coming and how to handle it.

I think I'll be okay. It's just a couple of semesters. Plus you know taking three classes and the homework and working 40 hours and directing a youth camp and doing TAB stuff...yeah, that's not bad at all.

I'd give you a music rec, but I gave you plenty above. I'm out.


No comments:

Post a Comment