I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, May 28, 2012

now you're just somebody that i used to know.

Ah, living the dream.

The vacation was great, short-lived, but great.

So I'm back to life fulltime tomorrow, which is fine, I have a lot to do. Juiceboxes, finish campfires, etc.

Visited the cemetery today with mom and great aunt, it reminded me of a story my uncle told me a few years back. Apparently, one of our relatives was quite the drinker and the doctor told him it was unhealthy so he should quit. The dude looks at the doctor and says, "I know a lot more old drunks than old doctors."

Was cool to see the headstones and hear the stories. Learn family history and all that. Though a little creepy considering you never know where to step.

After that I watched some more Swamp People with dad, got caught up, and yes HeeHaw clips as well. Had them all lined up for certain sketches. Then watched some Leverage, mom liked it so that was cool. I got her hooked on Chuck before, looking forward to the season premiere for this one. Gotta have something to watch, my favorites are dropping like flies either being cancelled or the storylines suck.

I've given up on Greys, Private Practice, Glee, Body of Proof, and Criminal Minds - I really like that last one but if Paget is gone gone then I'm officially done. Will have to watch the finale and see what happened. They better not kill her off for real this time.

Then they cancelled Chuck, possibly GCB, plus the Closer will soon be over, which leaves me with Castle, NCIS, the Voice, and....crap, what else is on my DVR? Leverage, Warehouse 13, Hot in Cleveland, that might be it. And I don't watch those live. Oh Bones, but I'm behind on that. As well as Big Bang Theory. 2 Broke Girls, I love that one. Watched a bit of it tonight as well, Max throwing Caroline a birthday party and them ending up the prison to see Caroline's dad but instead Max met an old ex who had her tattooed on his stomach. Awkward.

Wipeout is gonna come back for the summer, love that one. We watched highlights of it at Stop Class.

Made the day go by pretty quickly.

I'm sure there's something I'm missing, I could just check the DVR but I'm too tired and lazy.

Maybe the cancellations are good as camp is coming up. I don't really have time to watch anything anyway.

So, tomorrow. Big day. And the word of the day will be: "Agliff: a verb only found in the past participle as aglifft, meaning frightened. It is related to the equally obsolete gliff, meaning to alarm."

Would you add an -ed after that? "Like I agliffed myself when I saw the creepy stalker?" or would it just be "I was agliff after he approached me." ??

My favorite covers of Gotye:


Somebody That I Used to Know

Tim Whybrow's Acoustic Cover

super cool video. except for the egg with the face. that was weird.

Lindsey Pavao on The Voice

love it, she was one of my favorites.
though the dancers were a little...much?

alright, i'm out.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a nice little vacation break. I had family here too. We decorated my parents graves and then celebrated my birthday with runzas :-)

    I'm kinda with you on the TV shows. I was really bunged to hear that Paget was leaving CM. The last ep was one of their better ones although the wedding dress they picked for JJ was somewhat awful. Why is she leaving?

    I've starting volunteering to sign kids up for Summer Reading at South on Fridays and Saturdays. So far, it's been a stitch to hear kids talk about their summer plans. I also had a very intense conversation about a mummy book with one young man. Good Times, as they say.

    ReplyDelete