I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, May 5, 2012

"Why was I so blind to see now the biggest fool is me..."

Today rocked.

I basically got paid to eat pizza, play Apples to Apples, and jam with my teen advisory board.

I'd call it a win.

Cause they're awesome.

And they seemed to have fun.

As did all the other teen advisory boards.

Basically, all the branches TAB kids came over to process the paperbacks that they picked out at Barnes and Noble a few months ago.

We fed them pizza - which was late - so we distracted them with board games in the meantime cause the processing went fairly quick.

Assembly line style.

But see, this is when unpacking my car comes in handy, so take that Oldest Sister and the Boyfriend!

As a youth camp director I have all these board games that stay in my car.

Mostly because I'm too lazy to take them out and then re-pack them every year, but also because for some reason we keep using them, like family holidays or apparently teen advisory board events.

My kids jumped on Apples to Apples while some of the other kids were all about catchphrase, or poker, or cranium.

And then there were others who just read the books.

They got first dibs on the ones processed so they were all excited.

But it was amusing to see the difference between branches.

I had 7 show up, which was exciting, plus Mentor and myself, and we all played Apples to Apples.

I ended up with three cards, basically sucked it up for the majority of the game and then got them all in a row, then continued to suck it up for the rest of the game.

Which is actually the norm for me.

But today was just a reminder of the age gap between me and teens.

See, I try to be cool and stuff, but then they ask questions like "Who's Mike Myers?" and I'm like, how old are you?!

It happened at camp as well, Noel and I really relied on each other for cards like Georgia O'Keefe or Richard Nixon.

So it reminds me that I should really invest in the Apples to Apples Junior Edition.

Though that'll probably have cards like Justin Bieber and I won't be so inclined to play it with them.

Especially if they're hard-core Bieber Fever and I use his card on like "lame" or "shallow" or "unoriginal" or something to that effect.

They would probably frown on that.

The boyfriend just called. I got to keep him awake while he was driving back to his hotel. Aww, he loves me.

Apparently people enjoy calling me past 11PM. I must just be that awesome.

He went to some train thing this weekend far far away.

He's lucky I like trains or this relationship would have some serious issues.

But I grew up around them as my dad is crazy obsessive about all things trains, cars, and beer mugs.

Maybe the boyfriend is just in it for the inheritance.

Maybe that's why he loves me.

Cause I get Dad's trains.

Or part of Dad's trains.

Well, when we were surrounded by white walls and sterilized equipment and trying to keep Mom from freaking out by joking about the whole thing I believe the exact deal was:

Brother: "We'll split the trains four ways, Carrie can have the beer mugs."
Second Sister: "I want the Corve."
Me: "Can I have the Bird?"
Brother: "Yes, we'll flip you the Bird."

I meant the T-Bird but I'm sure they'd do that too.

No, he loves me for more than the trains.

And I was so happy the other day, it literally made my day, cause I got to quote Castle.

"How do you know?"
"All the songs make sense."
"You listening to T-Pain?"

Kate Beckett actually.

I don't really listen to T-Pain for romantic advice.

Though my love life was brought up in Apples to Apples today.

Under "exhausting". I did not choose it as I actually like my boyfriend.

I went with "house guests" instead.

And, with that, I'm out for the night.

Big day tomorrow for Squirt. It's her confirmation/examination so we get to watch her and her classmates answer questions then eat a lot of food.

Woohoo!

I bought her a lot of stuff.

And got Mom a mother's day present as well. I'm gonna be the favorite. and that's all I'm saying.

Until she opens it.

Then I'll tell you.

What else?

Oh.

I've started watching "Suits" I got the first season. It's not bad.

Though I just keep seeing Rick Hoffman and thinking "Chapman actually started to talk to me about his feelings. It was like if the toaster started talking about the weather!"

Samantha Who.

I love Christina Applegate.

And it's got Gina Torres. aka Firefly's Zoe Washburne. She plays the bosslady. She's always a badass, I like her.

Somehow Rick Hoffman always plays the jerk you want to smack. Like always the boss jerk person who tries to be a ladies man but really fails epically.

But that was like Jeffrey Donovan who I wanted to smack for years but then he turned into Michael Weston and that made everything better.

Alright, song of the night:

"Hurt So Bad" Susan Tedeschi live

love it


"First of all I didn't pay him off. Second of all, if I hadn't paid him off you'd be in jail right now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment