I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, May 18, 2012

I'm going through the big D and don't mean Dallas.

Aww Avengers, you only get better the second time around. And knowing me there will probably be a third time around before it leaves theaters.

Stoked to see they're making an Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2 and really, if they made another Hulk with Mark Ruffalo I'd probably be stoked for that too. He made the character likeable, which is more than I can say for the previous actors.

I'd be up for a Hawkeye/Black Widow movie as well... that'd be great.

So, I actually pulled out my Word of the Day on multiple occasions today. Though my favorite was at the very end of the day when I explained it to a coworker and my Boss's Boss's Boss - who I didn't even see - stops walking, turns around and says "what?!"

Love it.

Gammerstang, a tall awkward woman. We got plenty of those.

Dig it.

But that means tomorrow's Word of the Day has gotta be even better.

Ooooo, let's give this one a shot: "Crapulous" a literary word meaning relating to drunkenness or the drinking of alcohol. Like the related adjective "crapulent" and noun "crapulence" it comes from a Latin word meaning "inebriation" itself based on a Greek word meaning "drunken headache."

I like it already. Sounds like something my sisters would say.

Not that I'll be able to use it at work tomorrow since I will be training kids on Summer Reading stuff, but perhaps in the afternoon during our camp meeting.

Yes, the first (well second) official Camp J 2012 meeting in all its glory.

Actually it'll probably be us sitting around a table eating pizza and drinking pop. Which is our usual routine. But I'm headed out early so Obi-Wan and me can mock up some application forms with Pastor. Then we can show them at the meeting and perhaps stuff a few and send them on their merry ways.

Then Sunday I'm off all day, morning is Squirt's graduation, after that I'm headed out to the Camp J open house where they're showing off the new building. I get to take pictures and put them on the website.

Which is down at the moment.

But that's both a long story and not our fault. So let's leave it at that.

Facebook, I'll upload them on Facebook.

Aww camp, turns my world upside down for about four months a year but it's worth it every time. Plus we have our golfing adventure immediately following it so that's a reward enough.

Though I did go all giddy little schoolgirl about it to Superwoman today.

K, I'm going through the rest of these quick cause I got a big and early day tomorrow. Gotta konk out soon.

Things Overheard at the Library makes today's Quote of the Day:
-"She stole my Breasts!"
Sometimes you just don't want to know.

More Songs You Know But Forgot You Knew Them:

Mark Chesnutt.

Country star man, what happened to him? He was great!

Going Through the Big D

i got the jeep, she got the palace...

"It's a Little Too Late"

i enjoy that the fish is still on the hook and everything.

Seriously, whatever happened to that dude?

I love 90's country, that's when I actually listened to it. I don't really anymore, though I do like the Pistol Annies and The Wreckers. Will look more into 90's country, maybe I'll make you suffer through a week of it, haven't had one of those in a while.

Alright, and she's out. Summer Reading training in the morning, camp meeting after that, then lots and lots of other camp stuff after that.


1 comment:

  1. I use 'crapulous' alot but I give it a different meaning :-) Maybe I should write to Webster's and get them to include my meaning.
    As for camp, my mother forced me to go to church camps for years and I ended up hating camp. If God wanted us to camp, he would have never made motels.

    90s country is cool. I like country music from the 70s through the 90s. After that, it just sounds like watered down pop music. I like the Pistol Annies "Hell on Heels." Also like the lemon drop song and the one about setting a bad example. And in closing, may I say Emmylou rules!

    ReplyDelete