I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, January 1, 2012

"Why are there stuffed animals in the bathtub?"

Weirder questions have been asked during our family gatherings.

And, today, that was on the low scale on a weird-phrase-o-meter.

See, Second Sister just realized that she has a talk to text function on her cellphone, like mine. So we had a lot of fun saying stuff and seeing what it translated as then sending it back and forth while playing pinochle.

There were a lot of good ones.

"My brother is a lubener"
turned into
"My brother is a big blue banner."

"I bought a troll, I bought a troll for you."

became
"I'm bothered troll I'm not a trophy for you."

"How do you like the spatula?"

translated as
"How do you like hell?"

to which I replied
"It's purple and pretty."
but it thought I said
"Parboiling."

What the crap is parboiling?

We had to google that one.

"Ariel pajamas" became "I am the gym"
"Luke-a-Boogie the San Francisco Treat"
became "Love you do g San Francisco tea"
"Brave the cream cheese, brave the cream cheese"
became "Brava cream cheese brain cream cheese."

Though my favorite was when Second Sister said, "My husband is a stud."and the phone thought she said, "My husband is a big fat ass in here."to be fair, there were people talking in the background for that one.

and my new phrase wasn't even technology-related. Second Sister passed the table and said, "oh peanutbutter balls" like negative, like a put down or something. i like it. i'm going to say it randomly.

Okay, so I had this Xmas list going, that I kept forgetting to post. Since today was our Christmas I'll give it to you now.

Things I want from Santa

1. Endless supply of Diet Dr. Pepper
- target did have a supply of 24 packs, i was SHOCKED! hope they keep that up
2. A litter box that cleans itself - keep dreaming
3. Leverage DVD's - GOT THEM! currently watching Elliot kick some butt.
4. A wireless printer/scanner - Woohoo! Gold!
5. Thor on DVD - sister-in-law rocked that one
6. Fun t-shirts - got a few, stoked, but probably shouldn't wear these ones to work, even with a shirt over the top.

and now I can move directly onto the

New Years Resolution List

1. Be more health-conscious
- doesn't everyone say that? like workout more? eat healthier? it's cliche, but in a good way. and it needs to start now.
2. Write more - this actually i can do, since i'm deep into the whole apartment story thing mentioned here: My Life in Closed Captions: Troll the ancient yuletide, Carol!
3. Continue getting my degree - see, right now it's cake just taking one class but in the fall i'm gonna get wooped taking three at once plus working 40 hours.

and that's all I got. keeping it short. if there's less of them then there's less chance i'll give up on them.

and that's another thing, if you totally fail on like the first day, does that mean you have to keep it up for the rest of the year?

As for New Years Eve, hung out with one half of P Squared. We hit up a comedy show - "I have the IQ of a cheese sandwich!" "Dropped the whom-bomb on me" - it was fantastic, possibly a new tradition, then played some SSX Tricky and fell asleep watching Hot in Cleveland. cause who doesn't love Betty White?

Music Rec: Aaannd you thought we were done! HA!

one last entry in the Christmas Music that Doesn't Suck category

"Another Christmas Song" Stephen Colbert


i like it, really this is like the second original christmas song i've run into. everything else is just a remake of something from the past.

Sleeping in, prime rib, Apples to Apples, presents, pinochle, family, frivolity = Awesome Christmas.

OUT!

"public to whom i'm so proud to have pandered, please save my family and make this a standard"

No comments:

Post a Comment