I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, January 2, 2012

Cause I gotta find a way, to find my way

Alright, Christmas is officially over. I'm back at the apartment with Carter my big fat cat, unloading all my presents and sorting out where to put everything. I think he's laughing at me. Wouldn't be the first time.

But he's not happy with me now cause I took him away from the farmhouse, where he had the lay of the land. Now he's stuck in my apartment with no outdoor cats to tease.

He got some good presents from Santa though.

It was a big day for him, aside from the being crammed into a cat carrier for an hour for the drive back, being bombarded with music that he seemed to hate as he did nothing but whine about it, he also got to growl at the outdoor cats and jam out on the new furniture with me and the boyfriend.

The boyfriend passed the ultimate test.

aka whether my cat likes him or hates him.

He hated the last one, I should've listened to him. That was the "if he shows up at your apartment break up with him over the intercom" guy that Second Sister called me every hour just to make sure I wasn't in a car trunk somewhere stranded. Long story, though I'm pretty sure it's on here somewhere.

But Carter chose to like this one so I guess I'll be keeping him around.

Plus he cheered for the Huskers and the Ducks today.

That's big props man. Not everyone around here is a Ducks fan.

Looks like that's it for the Huskers season.

We got hosed.

Who didn't see that coming?

No, they did okay the first quarter, after that it all went downhill.

Next year will be better, T-Mart and Rex will have some more experience, the pressure will be off from the Big 10 transer, new coaches will be added to the mix, we'll dominate, so I'm fine with it.

What I'm not fine with is them giving the MVP award to the idiot that got ejected! Seriously? I know he made an amazing catch, but other than that Dennard shut him down the whole game. Literally took him out of the game, though he took himself out in the process... and yet he still won MVP. What are they trying to promote? Seriously?

Sorry, my inner camp director is coming out.

MAKE IT STOP!

I have months off from that!

Well, a few.

Crap. It's January!

That means we are down to only a few months before the process starts itself up again. And by starting itself up I mean me starting it up.

I've just been living it up 9-6 with 1 class at a time, but in the fall I'll get to deal with the aftermath of camp plus 3 classes plus work 40 hours a week. JOY! Ha. Right.

On to the Music Rec's

I'd post "Seven Nation Army" as it's been stuck in my head all night, hmmm...wonder whose fault that is!!

Instead I'll go back into the SYKBFYKT category.

Songs You Know But Forgot You Knew Them

"Deliverance" Bubba Sparxxx

oh my god. i heard that guitar intro one day and it took me over a year to figure out what song it was. it was the ultimate I KNOW THAT SONG!! BUT WHAT THE HELL IS IT?! cause there were no words, just the guitar. it drove me nuts. FOR A YEAR! but i'm good now. cause it is one of those you know but forgot you knew it, until you hear the intro and it drives you nuts.

"Faded" Soul Decision

the lead singer looks like a young brad pitt and it's freaking me out. plus that backup singer, creep factor.
i don't even remember when this one came out - like grade school i think - but i know it. which means that you probably know it. if you listen to top 40. which is what the majority of these will be. though i do have some good classics and rock stuff. i'll get there.

Back to work tomorrow so I should konk out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment