I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, January 6, 2012

bridges were burned, now it's your turn to cry

Cars.

Geez.

They can parallel park themselves.

They can slow down if they sense something in front of them.

I give it ten years before they drive themselves completely.

Plug in the coordinants and take a nap.

Pretty sure that's what my brother does in the tractor.

Yes, a tractor.

That can steer itself.

Ridiculous.

But awesome.

Don't worry, I don't know where I was going with this or where it came from either.

Today was awesome.

Got to meet and work with the new old guy.

He's not old.

He just used to work there.

So he's both new and old.

Hence new old guy.

He's cool. I like him. We talked a lot about random stuff.

Day flew by pretty quickly.

Also made a lot of progress on my booklist on The Help. Read-a-like thing. If you liked The Help you'd like etc. etc.

Pretty much becoming an expert on all things Civil Rights Fiction.

Which, with the upcoming holiday, I seriously want to say I planned. Totally didn't even make the connection until the drive home tonight.

Oh. Yeah. MLK. Fitting.

Didn't plan that.

Maybe I can play it off like I did.

So I'll finish that Sunday and send it to our resident booklist genius aka Info-Man.

Maybe it was him planning this to go with the holiday.

Subliminal messaging.

Eh, whatever. I like it.

"Watching me like he's paranoid or watching me like he's checking me out?"
"What's the difference?"
"Well, usually the amount of time focused on my butt."
"He's paranoid. No offense."

I used to think NCIS Los Angeles was a dumb spinoff.

At times I still do.

"Can't a guy get some exercise?"
"Pilates is exercise. Beating the hell out of something is an agressive expression of male frustration."

But that's mostly just first season.

It picks up when Deeks joins the crew.

I'm giving it a shot.

Hoping to fall asleep sometime soon since I have to be up early.

For STOP class.

All day.

This is gonna bite the dust. Packing coffee and snacks.

Speaking of, I should go to bed.

Now.

Last time I had STOP class.

Yes, there was a last time. But it was like 5 years ago.

We had a cop as the teacher.

Candycanes kept me awake.

There's another Sketch and Edit dedicated to it.

I'll post it later after I fix it and it doesn't suck.

Songs You Know But Forgot You Knew Them:

"Cry Me a River" Justin Timberlake


what's with the anti-gravity?
although i think this is one of them that you remember but wish you didn't. cause it's catchy.

i do love the refrain. i found out from HIM!

I'm OUT!

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! Stream of consciousness! About cars-I want Bic to make cheap disposable cars to be used in case of emergencies. Just thought I'd throw that in.

    So who's the new old guy? Chances are I know him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the disposable idea. you should send them a postcard and suggest it.

    new guy is jim w. he's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim W. is cool and a smart, well read guy.

    ReplyDelete