I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Go get your groove on somewhere else."

You know, I've heard a lot of excuses from patrons about breaking the rules.

But today's excuse was brand new.

There are a lot of situations that happen at the library that would make for really great sketches on SNL.

The New Girl and I have discussed this. We should just forward them some of our incident reports.

This incident didn't really warrant one, but still.

Guy was hitting on a chick in the lab.

The New Guy told him he couldn't be in the lab if he wasn't signed up to use a computer.

He followed him out and rambled on about him being free to do whatever and all that. "I was just getting my groove on..."

The New Guy was strong, he's a good supervisor.

I would have completely lost it at that point.

Wordie was there to witness it - as he always is.

I was on the phone but overheard the majority of the conversation so I didn't get to comment until after he had left.

Me: "I'm sorry, did he just tell you he was 'getting his groove on' in the lab?"
The New Guy: "Yeah, go get your groove on somewhere else."
Wordie: "You gotta leave your groove outside, inside you gotta be smooth."

He's a poet.

"Too mellow to be one fellow, should've been a dozen."

It's just little stuff like that that makes my day.

That and being semi-productive, even for a Sunday.

Heard back from my college professor today. I took Criminology in college and since the theme for teens summer reading stuff is going to be a night theme I asked about some of the presenters that came and spoke to us. She gave me some tips, I e-mailed them, now I just gotta wait to hear back.

Woohoo! Progress!

After work I headed back to my college town to babysit for Second Sister's children. We jammed at the house, played some Kirby on the wii, watched some Tom and Jerry. They're cute like that.

Even got soup out of the deal. She always makes homemade stuff - our grandma used to make the noodles and there would be so many of them that she had them like hanging off the backs of chairs cause all the tables were already covered with them.

We ate soup for weeks.

Then I got to drive back in the snow and only almost died twice, woohoo!

You know, there are few times in which taking the road untraveled is unwise.

Driving through unplowed snow is one of them.

I'm stoked I don't have to deal with it again until tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully by then the roads will be cleared.

Speaking of tomorrow, totally need to get started on all that homework stuff.

The first assignment isn't huge, but will be time consuming. Analyze three catalogs and compare and contrast under specific categories.

After that I gotta figure out this whole article thing, we're all supposed to find one or present one or I don't know, my brain is fried when I think about all the confusion that's going to take place in my near-distant future.


Music Rec's

I would post "groove is in the heart" to go with today's excitement but I just did that a few weeks ago.

I'll hit you with a classic.

"Rock'n Me" Steve Miller Baby

they look fantastic live. but they've got years of practice.


and one that's been in my head.

"Everything's Just Wonderful" Lily Allen

i call this one the "Grocery Store Song" cause the melody sounds like something you'd hear in the background while shopping. or riding an elevator. or something. but then the lyrics totally thwart that. love it.

Carter and I are gonna jam out, watch some TV then crash.


keep on rock'n me baby...keep on rock'n me baby...keep on rock'n baby...keep on rock'n me baby, baby baby baby...

No comments:

Post a Comment