I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Stuck in my head like a broken record

Wow.

Milestone.

Over 10,000 hits and I've only been doing this for a little over a year.

A big end to a weirdass day.

You know it's weird when you show up and there's no schedule.

Trainee MacGyver'd us one, she rocks. Then we were okay.

Until I was in youth services and suddenly I could hear all this water running. Sounded like a shower. Dude runs out of the bathroom in a panic. Sink was clogged and the water wouldn't stop.

Fantastic.

Oh public libraries.

But the maintenance people were on it fairly quickly so it wasn't a complete and total disaster.

You know when you get the most random song stuck in your head and it just won't leave?

I shelved the Gilligan's Island DVD series and couldn't get the theme song out of my head.

Me: Quick, sing something else!
Trainee: All I can think of is the Gilligan's Island song.

Drove me nuts for an hour.

Pulled out my ipod after work just to drown it out.

I traded that one out for the Monster Mash.

After that it was good.

Movie with the boyfriend tonight. Introduced him to the awesomeness that is John Malkovich in RED.

"I am getting the pig!"

Fantastic.

Glad he liked it.

I still remember watching it with Oldest Sister and Squirt. They were like eh, whatever. Then the dudes showed up to kill him and they were like OO! Rewind that!

I haven't seen that movie in forever. Which is strange, since I watched it every night for like a year.

Technically I only made it through the first few scenes, but still. Every night.

Songs for the night: Said I was going to bring in the new year with Plain White T's. Here you go.

PWT's Week: Day One

"Rhythm of Love" live at Taylor Guitars

probably the most well-known behind Hey There Delilah and 1234. did a double take cause it's not the main guy who sings it, he's just backup. but that's how it's recorded.

"Broken Record"

think this is one of my favorites cause it's so random. and catchy. and fast.
and fitting since gilligan, the skipper too, the millionaire and his wife, the movie star, the professor and mary ann drove me nuts for an hour straight!

Now I'm out, and stoked! Sleeping in tomorrow. Anybody calls me before ten it better be an emergency. Cause I don't have to work until 4. Woohoo!

"That's right old man!!"
"Can I kill her now?"

2 comments:

  1. Jeepers Criminy! No schedule? What the heack is going on over there? Some supervisor is going to be in trouble because, legally, those things have to be done 2 weeks in advance.

    And yes, running water is always a treat, especially since it never gets cleaned up really well and leads to other problems.

    Just got off the library website where Koha thoroughly tried my patience to the point of logging out. Didn't find what I want. Big surprise. Sometimes I totally fear for the library if it ends up they are stuck with such a sucky catalog.

    My rant for the day. Bye and have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just the daily schedule we were missing. The weekly one was up for a while.

    Oh Koha. There are no words. But they've made a lot of progress on it, so it's gotten a lot better.

    ReplyDelete