I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It ain't me, It ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one

Sketch and Edit's Excellent Adventure is quickly approaching.

Which is awesome as I haven't seen her in months.

We're gonna jam out, drink, eat, take some pictures...I'll come back with quotes and stories of pure awesomeness. Even though we don't have any definite plans, we're better at just making it up as we go along.

As for today, it was awesome. I guess. Not like stellar awesome, but not awful, okay so it was more like mediocre. According to Ellie if you use the word "awesome" for everything it becomes mediocre. She's the one engaged to "Captain Awesome" on Chuck, he calls him that because everything he does is awesome, even flossing.

So I guess my day was mediocre.

I got all the way through the Summer Reading manual. It gives all these activity ideas. Our theme is darkness and night, but their ideas are completely morbid like tour a morgue, talk to a coroner, design your tombstone, write your epitaph... seriously? Creep factor.

Also switched out my display and cleaned the YA area. I had a books to movies display, now it's "The Name is the Game" where I went through and pulled a bunch of books with clever titles, "Jesus in your Backpack", "Death by Latte", "Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers" - i have no idea what that one's about but I'm intrigued.

I also ran into a bunch of fun titles about getting over your ex, I'm saving those for Valentine's Day, that should be fun.

So that was work, after that I watched Castle - oh my god hysterical when they find the hidden camera I died at their conversation - then finished my homework, woohoo! We had to evaluate 3 online catalogs and make a chart.

I actually ran in to the easiest catalog I've ever seen which was new and exciting, but also - and this is a shocker - a catalog from hell.

THE catalog from hell.

It's pure evil.

And it's not ours.

OH MY GOD, you can't place holds through it, you can't tell what format an item is unless you go into the physical record, the search results aren't sorted, you can't limit your findings, there's not advanced search option, I was like seriously?

I mean, I know our catalog is confusing, but at least it gives you results, with this one you're screwed if you don't know the exact title and author.

Anyway, rant over.

I still have to add some stuff to a group discussion thing but the physical assignment is done and posted, woohoo!

"Fortunate Son" Bruce Springsteen & John Fogerty

live 25th anniversary rock and roll hall of fame concert
amusing to see these old guys jamming like they're teens, but they still rock.

great version, and even though the original is the best, my favorite is still: Jeffster on Chuck They're in full protest mode at the Buy More.

Dude, Hetty just kicked Callen's butt on the climbing wall. She's old but she's fast.

Yeah, I'm back to NCIS:LA cause I went all the way through SVU, don't feel like watching American Pickers which means it's either this or Kitchen Confidential and that was one requires me to stay awake as I haven't seen it.

Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment