I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Let's Go To The Hop

There are no words to describe today.

Well, maybe a few.

But they are of the four letter variety.

And they weren't said by me. Just crazies who yell them in the library.

It was a day for incident reports.

Serious serious serious incident reports.

Seriously.

Like, I've been followed to the cash register, I've been hit on by old ladies, I've been slipped phone numbers by homeboys that call me "shortie" and all that crap, but today just...

I was creeped out.

Literally creeped out.

Have you ever seen that episode of Grey's Anatomy when Meredith is on morphine for her appendectomy? And George and Finn and McDreamy are all there and she looks at Bailey and says, "All my boyfriends are here!" all dreamily.

I said that today.

But instead of boyfriends it was "All my stalkers are here!" I did my best Meredith on morphine imitation.

As I hid in the back room.

First, this drunk dude comes up to me at the desk, tells me he doesn't have a card, he doesn't want to look at books, he wants to look at me. Then asks me for money or something cause he was hungry.

Thank god for John Boy, seriously, knight in shining armor. I took off but the dude followed me.

So yeah, I ran.

To Superwoman.

Which is actually who I run to most of the time when I'm being stalked or feel totally creeped out. Cause she's awesome like that.

Although today when I walked in she was like,
"Wow, you haven't had someone follow you around in a while."
"Yeah, a whole two days, WOOHOO!"


Cause there's serious need for celebration when that lasts longer than 24 hours.

Anyway, then I go back out to the desk where I run into the old lady who searches me out and all that, then the foreign dude who's always hitting on me and talking about my jewelry.

I feel like I should just stop wearing jewelry.

But then I'm sure he would comment on that!

So yes, all my stalkers were there.

Well, most of the current ones.

Yes, there are more than one, and no I'm really not so appreciative of that.

Though, with the New Girl today, we did have fun writing our incident reports.

Mostly because we started singing The Beatles but changed it to "Can't Find Me Love" cause that's what the dude said somewhere amongst his drunken ramblings.

Then just as we were singing it the awesomeness that is Barb walked by, paused, turned around and we just laughed. Busted. Told her she'd understand when she checked her e-mail the next day.

Quote of the day:

Me: "They made a version of that for kids?"
Trainee: "Yeah, they probably have one for dogs too."

gotta love it when an adult book is so popular they put it in kids format and shelve in the jNonfiction. "Heaven Is For Real", that book is freakin' everywhere.


Actually, there are more quotes from today but the majority came from the 2 hour conversation I just had with Sketch and therefore I can't repeat a lot of them...

I had some sort of epiphany and realized that all of my ex-boyfriends hate her. They don't dislike her, they actually hate her.

Not that she doesn't hate them back, so yeah, we were talking about the current boyfriend and I told her she wasn't allowed to threaten his manhood.

Cause I actually like this one.

We'll see how long that lasts.

Songs of the day: Cause you can never go wrong with the classics,

Way Back Wednesday

"At The Hop" Danny & The Juniors


okay, what is going on at 1:23 exactly?

"Dream Baby" Roy Orbison

it's like a game of "name that artist!" i do enjoy jennifer warnes' dance moves as a backup singer. but you've got springsteen, costello, waits, raitt, lang, i'm sure there are others but i'm falling asleep.
i'm diggin' it.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your day and so glad it's no longer me. I think this drunk problem is really affecting business at BMPL. I wonder if a new location away from central downtown would take care of that. I got pretty good at rolling drunks. You have to be nice to them because you never know what they'll do. A male colleague and I once tried to walk a drunk out when he turned and said "you're a nice lady but I can't stand him!" He then proceeded to punch the guy in the face. Needless to say his library career was short.

    OK, Roy Orbison. I absolutely love him. His music that is. He was once in a really terrible western which is so bad it's funny.

    Take care. m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He punched your coworker in the face?! Oh my god!
      You get to write an incident report for that too?

      Delete
  2. Hey, man, we didn't have incident reports back in the old days. We just sucked it up. In other words-it sucked! Watch out for the stalker types because they can end up following you home.

    ReplyDelete