I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, January 14, 2012

He shoots, He scores! Hey Goalie,

You suck!

I love that right before the game the announcer says that bad language won't be tolerated.

Power in numbers, they gonna kick us all out?

Social psychology at its greatest.

Hockey night tonight at the ice box. We played against Omaha so it was kind of a rivalry thing. Sold out crowd, though there were only like 20 Omaha fans in the entire place.

We had excellent seats - Squirt kept threatening to go out on the ice. She wanted to see them fight. If there were no fights she was determined to go out there and start one.

Much to her chagrin, there weren't a lot of big fights. Though there was one where our guys basically dog piled on their goalie.

But seriously, if he has the puck and they push him in the goal, shouldn't that count as a goal?

I mean, the puck is in the goal.

So technically it should. Right?

Anyway, we lost, but it was great match. For a while it was completely back and forth scoring. We'd score and they'd score immediately after.

Squirt and I did a lot of dancing between quarters. Bubby would just roll his eyes and pull out his phone.

The boyfriend and my sister seem to have bonded.

He thinks I'm a portable jukebox - though heavy metal isn't exactly my strongpoint so when I couldn't name the artist they'd give me crap.

My sister and brother-in-law used to play this game while listening to the radio. You get points for guessing the song and artist first, and if you could name the album you'd get extra points.

She used to rock.

Now she says that after having kids she's lost all her smarts.

Apparently she passed the smarts on to them.

Which seemed to have worked, I guess they did very well on their TerraNova's.

I don't remember them being called that when I took them, but it's the big standardized test thing.

They got smarts.

I was glad that tonight went well. Not that I was worried. He's a good guy, and he actually says things in a conversation unlike other guys that I've dated who will just nod and smile.

And yes, now he has met part of the family.

So you can no longer claim he is a figment of my imagination.

I know that when you use my name and "date" in the same sentence the earth seems to stop spinning.

I'm much like Paris in that aspect.

"For example, I can instantly deduce that when someone hears the name Paris in the same sentence with the word date, jaws will drop, confused looks will cover faces, words like ‘how' and ‘why' and ‘Quick, Bob, get the children in the minivan because the world is obviously coming to an end!' will immediately fly out of people's mouths."

After the game we went out with an old friend and his fiance who were also at the game.

I'm glad she's normal, he's had a few weird ones along the way.

So it was cool to hang out with them, talk about old times.

I got dirt on the boyfriend that I can use in the future. Which is always enjoyable.

Hockey Jams

"Jerk It Out" The Caesars


i'll be running circles around you sooner than you know.
Why does no one else know this song? It's fantastic!

"Mony Mony" Billy Idol

I saw him sing this live. and White Wedding. People never believe me when I say that, but yes, he was at Warped Tour in Denver in '05. It was fantastic. We saw him, MCR, Hawthorne Heights, MXPX, Gogol Bordello, Simple Plan, The Starting Line...I got a guitar pick from them.

It was awesome.

And I'm out.

Class tomorrow, plus the carpool means that I should probably be awake and coherent before noon.

Especially since we're leaving before noon.

OUT!

Paris: What if I fall for him but he doesn't like me?
Rory: Then you'll find someone else.
Paris: What if there is no one else?
Rory: Then you'll buy some cats.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed when I read this because my knowledge of rock stops somewhere around 1976. I think I switched to liking opera. Anyway, I get a kick out of your music choices.

    Sorry, I don't get into hockey, but then I'm just not a sports person. I prefer the life of the mind, now how snobby is that!

    ReplyDelete