I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wish you were here

Crews: "What you got up there? Costco?!"
...
Crews: "He was hiding down here. I identified myself, and he threw a toaster at me!"
Reese: "Throwing toasters at the LAPD is bad."

So, I got "Life" on DVD through Interlibrary loan. It's actually pretty good.

It was a short-lived series on NBC from 07-09. A cop went to prison for 12 years for a crime he didn't commit, once they re-examine the case and he gets let out he goes back to the force. With a 50 million dollar settlement.

He's zenned out now, says a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense, drives his new partner nuts.

She's a tough female cop, with a complicated past, you know, the usual.

So far I'm giving the series a 7/10 on the Scale of Awesome. Aka intrigued enough to get passed the first disc. We'll see if that changes once I'm on the second. There are only 3 in the first season.

Took me FOREVER to figure out how I know the lawyer chick that got him out of jail.

The Replacements.

Excellent football movie, love it, one of my favorite sport movies of all time. Probably IS my favorite sports movie of all time. But she's the main chick opposite Keanu Reeves.

Anyway, now that he's out he's trying to figure out who framed him and is slowly putting the pieces together.

Today was an interesting day for all of us.

It took a few hours to get on track, like we're all still in vacation mode or something. But that happens when you get two three day weekends in a row. I'll have another next next weekend as well, since we're closed for MLK day.

Though technically I have class on that Sunday. So it's not a complete weekend off.

Speaking of, I have homework for that class.

That I should probably start on.

It's not a major assignment, just read a few chapters and answer some questions.

Music Rec's

Songs You Know But Forgot You Knew Them: Alternate Rock

"Feel Good Inc" Gorillaz


super cool animation

"Wish You Were Here" Incubus

LOVE this video. whatever happened to these guys anyway? they had this and Drive and then they just disappeared off my radar...
You should at least know the refrain. If not you do now. Simple with its five words.


I'm so far behind on Criminal Minds that I didn't even realize Bellamy Young is Hotch's new love interest.

Bellamy Young aka same birthday as me, Ellen Darling who went all psycho killer on her husband in Dirty Sexy Money - slipped in the bathroom while trying to kill him with a crowbar and hit her head thus killing herself instead of her husband, I dedicated an entire Sketch and Edit to it here: My Life in Closed Captions: Sketch and Edit Discuss a Serious Matter - dirty ATF agent on NCIS, guest star on Castle and Grey's...

Anyway, I'm excited.

Hope they don't kill her off.

Maybe they already have.

Like I said, way behind.

OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment