I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

She's just the Flavor of the Weak

It was a day of assorted celebrations.

1. I SAW SPACE CADET TODAY!!

We had this database training at a branch that a bunch of us went to - I carpooled with Superwoman which is good cause I would have gotten lost in all that construction.

It was funny cause Space Cadet walked up to Superwoman and smiled and I ran at her. Superwoman was like "I thought she was smiling at me!" I almost tackled her. We sat together for the presentation. It was pretty fun. She gave me movie tickets and coupons, she knows me all too well.

I miss my Home Branch people man, I only get to see Joe Studley when I'm there and he's fun, but he's just one member of our gang. Even the Queen of Awesome is back at work! I haven't seen her since sushi months ago!

The database presentation was actually pretty helpful. I think there were about 20 of us there, plus more go tomorrow. The dude was a little weird, kept coming up with random searches and we figured out we were the raunchy bunch. Which was amusing.

But he did bring us cupcakes. One of them was maple bacon flavored. Seriously?

There was this segment on Rachel Ray once called, "I bet you didn't know you could wrap THAT in bacon." It's times like these that I'm reminded of that.

Also when my favorite Sister-In-Law brought little smokies wrapped in bacon to trivia night. That was awesome.

The database might actually prove useful on Sketch and Edit's Excellent Adventure, I'm stoked. 3 days! Gotta find places to eat and walk around and all that.

2. Heard back about a possible Summer Reading presentation.

Our theme for teens deals with night and darkness and all that. I took a Criminology class in college and I remember a cop who came to talk to us about forensics. I got the contact info from my prof and got in touch with the cop. She got back to me today, super exciting!

Think the kids will have fun with it, it was a lot of fun in college to learn about blood spatter, fingerprints, moldings and all that.

Plus Mentor was proud of me for taking initiative.

3. Then, I got a letter from the mayor.

Yes, the mayor, congratulating me for perfect attendance in 2011. I know, right?!
I opened it and was like "what?!"

Cause I never call in sick.

And when I do get sick it's on my day off.

Freaking Coach Otte and his "it's all mental" motto.

Stuck with me.

Power through it, it's what we do.

Though I've already killed mine for this year since I've been sick already in January. Bummer man.

After all that I got to jam with my cat and watch the rest of SVU season eight. Sensei is right, not only would Stabler be gone they'd all be gone. Except maybe Munch. Cause he's more about conspiracies than violence. The season finale was huge, bringing back Ludacris who digs up all their dirty little secrets. Big ending.

And of course I have to wait until the next season comes in on interlibrary loan. Which will be a few weeks. So I'll have to distract myself with something else.

Right now I'm back to American Pickers.

Something is seriously seriously wrong when I'm watching this and Red Green and Swamp People when my father isn't even around to make me watch them.

Sooner or later I'll be sitting here watching HeeHaw by myself.

When it comes to that point, someone please promise me you will change the channel.

Seriously.

Moving on, for tonight's music rec's of awesomeness.

"Here In Your Arms" Hellogoodbye

90's summer camp.

"Flavor of the Weak" American Hi-Fi

one of my favorites growing up


OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment