I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, January 16, 2012

I held my nose, I closed my eyes...

Well, it's official.

I've started the dreaded Facebook weed.

Which sounds like some sort of techy drug reference, but it's actually just me going through my friends list and deleting people.

There are far too many of them on there that when there's a status update on the newsfeed or a birthday I'm like, um who are you again?

It doesn't help that most of my female friends from college are now all married with different last names.

So I went through for the first time - it took FOREVER - but I'm down from 613 to 444.

Which is still a ridiculous number of friends, I know.

But I've had the thing since Junior year of high school. And that was like back in 2005.

And all through college you just added people if you were doing a project together.

Nobody checked their e-mail, it was all through Facebook. Welcome to college.

So there's this build up of people that I had one class with years ago and I have no recollection of their face or the project we worked on together.

Figured it was about time.

If you are one of those people and you actually read this send me a message and I'll fix it.

I figured a year was a safe amount of time.

If I haven't talked to you in a year am I really going to in the future?

I did keep all my high school friends, a few college ones, and all my work ones.

They have to put up with me on a daily basis, if they still want to be friends outside of work I gotta give them props for that.

So, I think I'm getting sick.

Or getting over being sick.

Guess that depends on tomorrow.

I was weak all day, only wandering out into the wilderness once and that's cause I'm out of pop. And being out of pop is like hard-core suffering more than anything else.

I have a serious caffeine addiction, should work on that.

Anyway, I had to talk the boyfriend out of coming to see me.

He's sweet like that.

Cause I don't want to get people sick, if in fact I am sick.

It's going around work.

And apparently - according to Dr. Oz - it can take up to 20 days to have an effect. affect? effect? affect?

I could never keep those straight. It's like who and whom. I always feel like a dorky snob if I use the word "whom" even if it is the correct usage.

Can you be a dorky snob?

Is that kind of an oxymoron?

Yeah.

Guess tomorrow determines all. If I can stand up straight without feeling like I'm going to pass out and I don't have a fever - unlike the last time when I had to call in - then I'm gold.

Anyway, that was basically my day. Slept in, watched NCIS:LA, bought pop, laid on the couch with my big fat cat now am deleting friends.

Cause you can only watch NCIS:LA for so many hours before you're sick of it.

Not a fantastic day off. But that's actually not uncommon, for some reason this past year almost all of my days off have been spent sick on the couch. Wonder what shrinks would have to say about that.

Memory Monday

couple twists on an original, then just an original original, cause that one's unbeatable.

"Love Potion No. 9" The Searchers


classic.

"Shake, Rattle And Roll" Elvis Presley

we actually sang flip flop fly my junior year of high school for krt. choreography included.

"Pretty Woman" Roy Orbison

the "pretty woman" they keep flashing to doesn't look so enthused to be there. sorry Roy, doesn't look like she's going to be walking back to you.

Think I'll eat some ice cream, cause I got some of that today along with Swamp People season one for dad, then crash and burn.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you're under the weather. I've had problems with dizziness since my ear surgery and still need to get my energy level up.

    As to your music selections, now you're in my era. God, they look old :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. effect is a noun. affect is generally a verb. love, mom

    ReplyDelete