I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

On Moonlight Bay

Drama Drama Drama.

Started off the day overloaded with computer questions, then I was constantly running all over the building patrons to items and running supplies all over the place, after that I got yelled at - by a patron while I was helping another patron - it was one of those days.

And what's worse is that we called it as "one of those days" before 11AM. We open at 10.

But it's alright, I stayed busy which made the day move fairly quickly.

Plus Mom stopped by to pick up some books and drop off some fruit, woohoo! I love fruit. I'm weird like that, sorry.

And that was my day.

Aside from homework stuff - emailing my professor about an assignment - and summer reading stuff - emailing my contact about a presentation and getting that all finalized.

So I guess I was productive.

There's so much stuff on my to-do-list right now it's crazy.

First off there's class. Tons and tons of homework due in February, which is fine cause it's class. If there was no homework I wouldn't learn anything, you can only take away so much wisdom from a lecture. But this week I need to schedule an appointment to meet with a cataloger - one not from our system - to talk about the whole processing thing. Then add my input to a group MARC wiki thing, which hopefully I don't completely suck at. Plus read a chapter and some articles and write up a paper on those and submit it. And these are just things that I need to do within the next week and a half.

Then there's Summer Reading stuff, there's a serious amount of planning that goes into this whole extravaganza.

We've got a TAB meeting on the 7th to plan for more Summer Reading stuff, which means I need to make another phone call to a different contact tomorrow so I can figure out if they're interested.

I'm also supposed to be editing a story, well two, for a friend which I've started but am nowhere near finished.

Plus I got a call from my dentist and need to set up an appointment with him and one with Mom to meet with our tax dude cause apparently I need to learn how that works.

Then! There's camp! Which is fastly approaching, but before that even I need to scan all my sheet music, upload it, and e-mail to about 10 people. Yeah. Said I would do that back in August. Look how long it's been and I still haven't gotten to it.

AND! Second Sister is due next week and who knows when that is all going to happen.

So yes, my vacation is officially over and I'm back to the real world. Which isn't so bad. I kinda like the real world.

But it's busy.

And constant.

And constantly busy.

So I should sleep while I can.

"On Moonlight Bay" The Beatles with Morecambe and Wise

funny stuff. though doris day's is classic.

OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment