I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, April 28, 2011

oh the joy...

My last day off in a very long time....I spent it sleeping in, having play practice with the kids, then watching Country Strong with Grandma (25-yr-old-coworker).

Sleeping in in an apartment with no curtains to block out the sun is harder than it sounds. I mean, I have blinds, but that doesn't do much. So, yeah, gonna have to go curtain shopping sometime soon cause it's driving me bananas. Then got to drive out to play practice with Carter and came up with yet another list of musical artists he does not enjoy similar to those listed here My Life in Closed Captions: And you're the only one...who...MEOW! and here My Life in Closed Captions: Happy Christmas Eve Eve!
This time it was the Christmas song by the Chipmunks - he might have been right about that one, how long is too long for xmas music to stay on your ipod?
Also "I hear you knocking" by Wynonna which I totally jam out to, I don't know what his problem is.
He did, however, enjoy the "Elephant Love Medley" from Moulin Rouge. Maybe he agrees everyone should have someone to scream at inside an elephant.

Play practice flew by pretty quickly. We finally went through all the songs. Some of them are just plain weird so I think we're going to be doing a lot of cut and pasting. Also, since I'm going to be working a lot this week the next time I can go out to practice with them isn't until the 9th and the play is the 12th! But I'm sure Nic can handle this. She's playing the music anyway so she can decide what to keep and what to pitch. Plus they know most their lines, it's just what order they go in and who they come after that they're having troubles with.

Country Strong gets a 7/10 on my Scale of Awesome, purely for the acting. Gwyneth and the rest pf the cast were amazing. The storyline, however, was completely depressing and I'd be okay with not watching it again. The soundtrack is pretty good though, I got a few of the songs off itunes, but yeah. Totally depressing, it got to the point where Grandma (25-yr-old-coworker) and myself were yelling at the tv.

Glee, gotta love it. "Barbra Streisand" from this week's episode.

I don't think I've laughed this hard in a very long time.
I especially like Puck at 1:29 and 2:36. It's just a fantastic song, and I'm glad it's got the tmobile commercial feel again. Same setting as when they did the Safety Dance as well.

Anyway, tomorrow is inservice so I'm going to bed the minute I post this since it's an early morning and a long day. Hope you have a good one.

1 comment:

  1. i'm having fun playing a game called "find quinn". i see her once when she comes in with finn and that's it.

    ReplyDelete