I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Cause even after three text messages, four missed calls you still..."

So, I have this doppelganger.
"Get a dictionary"

Which is handy if something bad happens and you need someone to blame it on. But also kind of sucks when people think you're them when you're actually not. Anyway, if you think you know me from pre-2010 and you aren't from my hometown, a member of my family, classmate or campmate then you probably don't. This makes things like parking garages awkward. No I don't know you. No I didn't go to that high school. While my short-term memory is crap (ask my non-school friends) my long-term actually doesn't suck.
I'm totally serious about this, and I know I have one because my high school classmate lived in the same dorm as her in college. She rides a bike which clearly screams Not me! since I haven't ridden a bike since Dad decided to steal my tire and use it as a turn-the-wheel game at the home and garden show like 8 years ago. Actually, I think he used the tire because I wasn't riding the bike, but I like my version better. I went away to high school! And college! When was I supposed to ride a bike? Plus, bikes, on gravel? Not as fun.

And yes that NCIS clip was necessary, I could have posted the entire episode "Doppelganger" from when Kate was still around but I figured that would be too long. It's a fantastic episode but this is from season three, when Jenny was alive and had long hair.


So, I'm watching Star Wars episode 5. Last night the Wordsmith and me ordered pizza and watched episode 4 - mostly because I wanted to watch out for the anecdotes Carrie Fisher talked about in her autobiography. So I have yet to watch Country Strong - "Gwyneth" word count = 1 "Those t-shirts would be so Gwyneth!" - Also because I can't remember how Leia figures out she and Luke are siblings. I'm a nerd but not like a total crazy obsessed nerd. I remember how Luke finds out he's Vader's son - duh - but not about Leia and Luke. I just remember her kissing him in beginning episode 5. Was she like, "That was so bad, he must be my brother." Which reminds me - I was at the dentist a couple months ago and the dentist was like, "So (insert brother's name) is your husband?" I believe my exact words were, "Um, gross." "Brother. Got it." My sister-in-law goes to a different dentist so I guess since we have the same last name it would sort of make sense? Gross.


More quotes from yesterday and today:
-"Bring your favorite painkiller." Sensei about the day we switch over to the new system. She's bringing donuts. I said I'd bring juice. It's going to be a long day.

-"Let's call him Bob."
-"It would more likely be Ug. Unless he was a pirate. Then he'd be Arg the Pirate Caveman."
Conversation with fellow Star Wars fan I shall call him "Master" about inspiration. Everyone is inspired by someone else, unless of course you are a caveman who had no one before you to be inspired by.

-"What about Space Cadet #1 and Space Cadet #2?"
-"It should say Dirt and Subdirt."
-"Yes!"
Bringing back the Dirt System! mentioned here My Life in Closed Captions: What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all ab... Basically, I have no power so I'm below dirt. Subdirt. LA2's (aka Space Cadet, Queen of Awesome and Joe Studley) are Dirt. Glee-loving boss is Grass. Sensei is Trees (although she would prefer a flowery shrub). Superwoman is the clouds. Assistant BBB is the Moon. And Boss's Boss's Boss is the Sun.
Anyway, we were talking about the names on the back of our matching t-shirts for inservice day. I still think it would be awesome. Totally Gwyneth! WC=2


Never Shout Never - "CheaterCheaterBestFriendEater"


Ram Jam - "Black Betty"

In celebration of awesome classic music for 69 cents on itunes. Hooray! I especially like the guy next to the drums whose only job it seems is to clap and dance like an idiot.

Ha! there's this episode of Ace of Cakes where they're talking about the Millennium Falcon inside the asteroid. "If you think you're in a giant worm, shoot the ground!" That's where I'm at now. And, okay, some time between episode 3 and episode 5 Yoda went bonkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment